Saturday, August 22, 2020

Dear Friends, I'm back; Looking for what's next

 Dear Friends,

I know it has been a long time since I have written, I'm sorry. I am fine here. One of my excuses is, with all the nonsense going on I was not sure if looking to the past was a good thing right now. 

I do wonder how history will look back on this time.  But then again we should not forget the past in anyway. I know some of the letters I have shown you from the time around the Spanish flu does mention someone having the flu but I don't think there was any mention of anyone they knew dying from it. I guess I'll just have to go back over the blog and try to find some of them that mention it and let you know what to look for.

If you have been wondering what I've been doing during this time of uncertainty. Well, not a whole lot. We only hiked once this summer so far. Not sure if we will get any done this year or not. We also recently got a new dog.

This is Bella.

She was born June 16th.

We've had her for almost two weeks now. She is almost house broken already. She does like to dig and being a healer cattle dog she nips a little to much. So that is something we have to work on. And also get her use to a leash. I would like to someday take her hiking with us. 

I've been thinking about what else I have from a time gone by that I can share with you. I have a number of old books I could share with you. 

I have a book on President McKinley. Published the year he was assassinated. "Illustrious Life of William McKinley; Our Martyred President." 1901

A cookbook from 1908, in Swedish. I could maybe copy them and translate the recipes.

I have a book from  1891 called:" Bill Nye's Remarks". (Not the science guy). This one was a political humorist of that time. 

I have a book on the Titanic published the same year it sank. The only problem is it's in Swedish. My sister I think has the same book  or similar in English.

I do have more of the Fables I could share with you. 

There are more news clippings.

I could dive into my past. Share pictures or a few other things from my past. It is history that is slowly fading away.

There are a lot of other directions I could go in. If anyone has any suggestions about anything I will be willing to take it into consideration. Or if anyone has anything they want to contribute just let me know and I'll see what we can do.

Well, that's all for now.

I hope to hear from you soon.

So till next time.

Your friend,

Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment