Sunday, September 15, 2019

Riverside Literature Series 1890

Dear Friends,
I know it has been a long time since you have heard from me. I am sorry. I have been thinking about where this blog was going after I was done with the main letters. Plus I needed a break for awhile. But the break is over.
I will try to put something from the past up once a week. I'll figure it out along the way which day of the week is best yet.
I do have a number of things that I have not shared with you yet. They range from more old pictures, a few old letters, books, old news stories and whatever I can manage to find and feel it's time to share.
So, for the first thing I will work on is fables and folk stories from this book.













I know I have shared one story from it.  Today I will share two little ones with you.
The first one is:

The Crab and His Mother.

Said his Mother to a crab: "Why do you
walk so crooked child? Walk straight."
"Mother," said he, "show me the way, and
I will try to walk like you." But as long as she
 could not walk straight, her son laughed at her
advice.

Here is the second one:

The Boys and the Frogs.

A company of idle Boys were watching some
Frogs by the side of a pond, and as fast as any
of the Frogs lifted their heads the Boys would
pelt them down again with stones.
"Boys," said one of the Frogs," you forget
that, though this may be fun for you, it is death
to us."


These are just two short ones. Each one tells a little wisdom to think about.
Some of the others in the book are longer and you will know some of them. But reading them I will tell you they have changed over the years. Some of the stories are in chapters. So when I show them I will present them in chapters.
I think the first one I will share with you is called; "Little One Eye, Little Two Eyes, and Little Three Eyes." This one has three chapters. So I will present it over time in three different posts.

Well what do you think?
If you have any ideas on how I can change things or add things I'm willing to hear about them.
So till next time.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment