Friday, October 21, 2016

Mabel Elmblade: June 26, 1928 Congress Park Ill.

Dear Friends,
I hope you had a good week. Mine as usual was on the quiet side. The weather is starting to cool down again. Time for a warmer coat. I might have said this before but it did a little warmer for a bit and cool down again.
Anyway, here is the next letter from Mabel:


As always, for those that find it hard to read, here is what it says:

La Granger June 25. 1928
Dear Howard,
I received your loving letter
Hope your well, I'm the
same. We have rainy
weather here. Your picture
is good. I just long to see
you. But when? Is another
question. I think of you
real often it seems nice
to have a Swedish friend
you have a wonderful
handwriting. So you
keep a hired girl. Well
I'm not going with any
steady. Sure would love
to. Well time will lead
things out. Do you go
to church because I do. We
have a 9 room house
My Dad is 83 years old
my mother is 57. You
would like to know my
age. I'm truthful. So to
tell you, I'm 31 years old

They tell me I don't look
it. Butt love comes-
first. I feel I'm in love
already. Don't forget to
come up and visit me
soon sometime.
Well dearest I must close
           with love&
xxxxxxx  kisses
xxxxxxx
             Mabel
                  E.
          Write soon

Not a lot here. Just saying a few things about her life.
I think she is trying to find someone and is sounding a little desperate.
She is another one that says he has very nice handwriting.
There was a big age difference with her parents. 26 years.And her being 31 years old. I wonder if she was able to find her soul mate.

Here are the last three viewer cards from the set "Scene's from New York":

 The Hall of Fame.
 A Birdseye View of the Skyscraper District.
Brooklyn Bridge, including a Birdseye View of the City of Brooklyn.

The first picture is known today as the Hall of Fame for great people. It is located on the grounds of the  Bronx Community Collage. It was built in 1900 and dedicated in 1901. It looks about the same on the outside. I know this picture is not exactly from today but it is in color.
Image result for hall of fame new york

The second view, I'm not sure what this view would look like today. So here is just one of many kind of views there are:
 Image result for skyscraper view in new York

The last view, here is a similar angle of today:
 Image result for brooklyn bridge view
It looks a little bit different, wouldn't you say so?

Here is a random picture for you to look at:

Not sure who this is or when it was taken or who was taking the picture.Maybe it was Grandpa taking the picture.

Well that's about all I have to share with you today. Enjoy your weekend and I hope you drop by again real soon for more Fading History.
Till then.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment