Friday, July 11, 2014

Gladys: Dec 19,1921 J.G.W. Burglund; Dec. 23, 1921 Fort Wayne Ind.

Dear Friends,
I hope this post finds you well.
I suppose your wondering why two people?
As you will see they are postcards around Christmas time. I didn't put where the first one was sent  from and it is hard to read the second postmark but luckily he wrote where it was from. They are short so I decided to show you two. Just think of it as Christmas in July.

This is a new person, Gladys. Right now I do not have a last name for you. There might have been two different ones that wrote. Here is what this one says.
Wishing you &
your folks a
very Merry Xmas
& a Happy
New Year
From
Gladys

Here is the second one.

Actually this one might have been written by the brother Harry, but it is from both of them.
                       Fort Wayne Ind.
                       Dec 22, 1921
Dear Cousin Howard,
Heartiest seasons greetings
to yourself and all the family.
May Christ Himself be your
satisfying portion and more
to you than gifts of seasons,
in my prayers.Romans 5:1 John
14; 27. best regards from Wm
and myself. Your cousin Harry

A couple of the words were a little hard to make out for me. Maybe you will be able to correct me if you can.
Since it's Christmas in July here are a few winter pictures for you to enjoy, especially if you are some where it is a little to warm for your taste.

  This is the farm where the Burglund's lived.
This could just be the first Charlie Brown tree. What do you think?
This is their cousin Lois Marie, my uncle Peter, uncle George and my dad Clement. I'm not sure exactly how old they were at this time.

My dad pulling his brothers and sister. Anyone for a sled ride?

Well that's about all I have to share with you today. I hope you enjoyed my little trip into Christmas in July.
Enjoy your weekend and stay safe.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment