Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Kathryn Clary; Jan. 5, 1922 Chicago

Dear Friends.
How are you? Me. I would be better if only it would stop raining. On Saturday our rain gauge said we had over three inches of rain. The bad part is, most of it fell in less then an hour. Oh well what can you do.
Here is the next letter from Katheryn. (She is signing her name Kay now). The letter is dated Dec. 29, 1021 but the post mark was Jan. 5, 1922. It must have taken her awhile to get it in the mail.


It maybe a little hard to read in some places so here is what I made out.

              Dec. 29, 1921

Dear Howard;
     Was very glad to
receive your card & thank you
very much for the pance (?). I
do hope you and your
folks have  a very happy New
year, & hope you received
many beautiful gifts
from Santa clause.
   How is your mother
& the rest of the folks? I
sincerely hope that they
are enjoying the best
of health. Santa was very
good to me. How is Tom &
Elmer. Are they married
yet? Are you. Do you go
ice skating out there

very much? I have not this
year so far but expect to do so
very soon. All I have been doing
is dancing. Have you been in
"Chi" yet? Do you hear from
Theresa Lambert? I don't go with
her any more. Do you dance?
If I have some nice pictures
I'll send you a few& when
I get more I will send
 them: you may send me
some if you care to. One of
the boys I know develop &
print mine for me now
so I get quick service eh?
"Oh yea. Are you still on the
farm? I bet it is very pretty
out there in the Winter time.
Please excuse the writing
& pencil as I tho't I would
answer your postal as soon
as I received it so I did
not stop to look for a
pen & ink. Are you going to
celebrate New years Eve? We
are going to the "Peacock Inn"
& have some fun. Well I
guess I will close hoping to
hear from you soon & very

glad you tho't of me
on Christmas.
   Your friend
   Kay Clary
   3510 Southport Ave.
   Chicago, Ill

answer soon
 Turn over the pictures

 I did guess on a couple of words that I was not a hundred percent sure of. Any better guesses on them.
Here is a picture that was included with this letter.

I wonder what happened to the guy with her.

I tried to find a picture or something about The Peacock Inn, but I could not find anything about it. Just another part of history that has already faded away for memory. It's sad when you think about all the things that no one remembers any more. The things that you have done in your life that should be remembered in some way  will never be seen again. It's one of the draw backs with only sharing things with people on the computer. The physical proof of so many things will be lost in ways we don't think they will be. Think about it. What will be remembered of you in a hundred years from now? What are you going to leave for your future generations?

Well she really didn't have a lot to say. it did sound like she found someone closer to develop pictures for her. She must have really loved pictures.

Any way here are a few random pictures of people that are fading from memory.
 This one was taken by Wilbur in Algoma, Wis. I'm thinking a relitive of my Grandma's.

 I'm not sure who are in these pictures. Maybe someday someone will be able to tell me who they are and what happened to them.

Well that's about all I have for you this time.
So till next time, don't forget to remember the past and the here and now, so that in the future these things will not be forgotten.
Your friend always,
Sandy


No comments:

Post a Comment