Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Mary: Aug.12, 1924 Rib Lake, Wis.

Hello Friends,
How was your weekend? Mine, we painted the living room and hallway painted. By we I mean me and my youngest daughter. So that's done. My next big project will be the basement.
On to the next letter from Mary.
  It's not a very long one but here is what it says:

            Rib Lake, Wis
             Aug. 19, 1924
Hello Howard,
  I just wanted to
tell you that I won't
be here this week. I'm
going home Tuesday
evening and stay till
next Sunday.
   How are you? I hope
alright the same as
myself. I spose your
thin making hay by
this time.
  Will close with best
wishes from Mary K.
P.S. Its dinnertime so I can't
                     write more.

Not to much here. Grandpa is still making hay.
If she is not writing from home, where is home and where is she staying and why?
These answers be answered in future letters.

Anyway here are a few hay related random pictures for you to look at.



Not sure which of Grandpa and Grandma's  boys these are.


Grandpa baling up the hay. Not sure what year this was but I remember him doing just this.

After the baling the hay taking a trip up the elevator to be stored in the barn.

Well that's all I have for you this time.
Till next time.
Best wishes from your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment