Friday, June 6, 2014

Theresa Lambert: Dec. 15, 1920 Chicago

Dear Friends,
I hope you had a good week. Mine was quiet. I'm looking forward for the weekend though. In the last letter I forgot to comment on why Katheryn had so many different jobs. I wonder why she had so many different jobs in a matter of a few months. I guess she was just young and when your young you want to flit around as much as possible. Just  a thought.
Now on to the next letter from Theresa.


It's a little hard to read in places so here is what it says.

Dear Howard:
     I suppose you thought
I had forgotten you but
I haven't. I or rather we
have been so busy moving
and everything that I have
not had time to do anything.
This fountain pen writes
awfully heavy I know but
I got it from one of the
sailors and thought I would
make use of it. We are
getting a little Victrola, it
is a good one for camping
and things of that sort.
How is my friend Henry
Ford? Still humming eh? Well
the little Chevrolet is still going.
Just built a nice big garage
for it. I am going to a dance
at the Edgewater Beach

Hotel this week. You tell'em
How exciting. Thrilling isn't
it. Well guess I will close
hoping to hear from you
sooner than you heard
from me.
            As Ever
               Theresa Lambert
               2245 Farragut Ave
               Chicago Ill.


Well it looks like she is still in the process of moving. I wonder how long it took them to get settled in.
I wonder what her new Victrola looked like.

 I wonder if maybe it could have looked something like this one. She seams to like doing things outside  and was a kind of a party girl. I can see her as a flapper, how about you?
I looked to see if I had a camping picture and I think I found one. It's from 1964.
At least I think it's someone camping somewhere but I'm not sure.

As for Henry Ford, I think I'll show you another picture of what could have been Grandpa's car at the time.

 As for her little Chevrolet, maybe it could have looked something like this one.
 
It kind of looks small but what do I know.

She said something about A Edgewater Beach Hotel. I found a good postcard on the internet of it's ballroom.

I hope she had a good time that night.

With summer here I thought I would include another summer picture.
This one is also from 1964. Remember I was 2 at the time.

Well that's about it for now. I'm so glad you stop by for visit and I'm looking forward to having you drop by again and again.
So till next time.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment