Friday, June 13, 2014

Theresa Lambert: March 16, 1921 Chicago

Dear Friends,
      I hope this post finds everyone in good spirits and looking forward to a relaxing weekend.
This letter is the first one for 1921. It has been a few months since the last letter. I'm not sure if he kept all the letters he received or not but it's the next one time wise that I have. So here is the next letter from Theresa.


As always here is what it says:

Dear Howard;
     I don't know whose
turn it is to write but I
thought I would write you
anyway. Well how is the
world treating you? I am
sure getting my share of
a good time. We have
regular spring weather. We've
had rain for the last two
days but you always expect
that in March. I know
this hand writing is terrible
but I haven't written a letter
             2
for such a long time that I have
forgotten how to write. How is everybody,
your mother, father and Tom? All
well I hope. I know we are all
just fine, excepting me. I sure am
tired and need a good long rest.
Hayward sure will fix that for me
this year. I have the cutest Victrola
I am playing, "Grieving for you"
just now. It's a good dance record.
Kaymer is just going to get some
ice cream and I am so sorry you
can't have some but we may have
some together again. Gee I wish
it was as creamy as the ice cream
you got that time. How is Henry?
Mr. Chevrolet is just fine. Well I
guess I will close now.
              As ever
                  Theresa
              2245 Farragut Ave.

I wonder why so much time between letters. I suppose she is a very busy girl. Having a new crowd of people to hang out with and boys that will spend money on you.
She mentioned The song "Grieving For You" and that it was a good song to dance to. I found a few recordings of it. here is the one that has  Marion Harris singing it. She was a popular singer of the time. I'm not sure if I can get it to play right or not. It won't play on my computer maybe it will play on yours.
As for ice cream. Home made ice cream is the best.


Not to much else to say here so is a poem for all fathers out there. A kind of tribute to all Dads.
Now a father and his children.
I'm not sure who they are but I hope they always enjoyed their time together.

Now how about my own dad.
Happy Fathers Day Dad!!

Well that's about it for now.
Till next time.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment