Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Katheryn Clary: Dec. 18, 1923 Chicago

Dear Friends,
How are you this fine day? I hope you had a good weekend. I had gone to Edger to the Antique Tractor and Steam Show. Which was fine except for the mud. Lots and lots of mud.
Anyway here is the next post mark for 1923.
 It's a Christmas Card. So Merry Christmas in August. In case it's hard to read here is what it says.

Christmas Greetings
and Best Wishes for your
Happiness in the new year
    Kay Clary

 I know not much so I'm including a bonus of a Christmas card that has no date and an unknown writer.


This is what it says on the back.

Wishing you
a Happy
New Year
from
you know
Thanks for the present
sure was nice but you
can't fool me I know it was from you.

Not sure who this one is from or when it was written.
This is the last thing from 1923. The next one will be the start of 1924. There will be more letters for that year from a number of different people.

So now a few random pictures I choose for you to see.

I'm not sure when this was taken. At the top it says Jun 64 but to me it looks like a fall picture. What do you think?


I thought since I shared Christmas cards with you I'd share a winter scene.


Or two. This is Uncle Peter, Uncle George, Aunt Jeannie and Uncle Leo when they were a lot younger.

Well news is scarce so I'll close for now.
Till next time.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment