Friday, August 1, 2014

Unknown: Oct. 16, 1922 Westboro Wis.

Dear Friends,
I hope your week was a good one. I suppose your wondering why this one is titled Unknown. I'm not sure who wrote it. Once you read it you could be just as confused as I was reading it. There could be a name at the bottom but I'm not sure. It was more than likely one of his friends being funny. You decide once you have read it. Here it is.

It is very hard to read in places so I'm going to do my best to figure it out. Plus for some reason they were trying to use a lot of big words.

                 Westboro Wisc
                 Oct-16-22
Hello Big Relation.
     Gee you are a very
scrupulous icaccamanausly
extraordinary gentleman
& obstinacy zest that you
will be at the Sunny-
Side Schoolhouse next
Sat night. Which I presume
with hercules  through fares
that you will.
Facinating  we are going
to have a Lyceum here
Friday night and I pon-
der I'll see you there.
By distinguished condescension
& frankness I observe
you will have a little
finn as usual. With
Comanash Phantheism
or utter skysticism
cogitations.
You looked so
disolate and involutarily
Sunday night. Without

your darling insimuations
They are so nice to me. But
kind of suspicious and
browsed. But I revolutionize
that when the convales-
cence diagnoses elope
you will equanimity me
also. Which I'm sure
I'd appreciate.
  The finns sure are
obnoxious people which
I presume you ought to
know by this time.
What! kiss those sale leather
lips. I'm sure I'd not
dictitute about those
imusiscypated dilapitate
squids as these. Now
as to the liquidated
I'm sure your one as to
that moonshine bottle
you had in your car
Ha. Ha. I was deliberately
confused Smogalla  I heard a chicken ran over
Don't show noone  please .               you when
                                              you went home
    
I have no idea who this is from. But to me it looks like they were taking some nips from the moonshine bottle or something. I tried to copy it the best I could but some of those words were just to hard to make out. Maybe you can do a better job at figuring it out.
I know I showed you this one before but it fits here too.

This person mentioned the Finn's. Well here is a picture of Finish girls.


I'm not sure what the girl is the front middle is doing but I have at least another picture with these same girls in it and she is making another face for the camera. I'll show it to you another time. The person who wrote this letter must not of liked the Finnish people. Back then there was a lot of people not getting together because of where their families came from or religion. But it's the same today but it involves different people now.
They also mention something about the Sunnyside School. This is a picture taken in front of it. At least that's what it says on the back. I'm also including this picture because soon there will be a reunion of people who went to school there back in the day. My Mom thinks it could be the last one as most are gone or having to many health problems to attend. There are a few that will be there but not many. The school has not been used in many years. I think it is still there but it is in very bad shape. It needs to be torn down.

Here is one last random picture for you to see.
 Modern Logging 2/3/25

Just pulling out with
a load. tractor just above
obscured in front of loads
Pulpwood six cords Per sleigh

Well that's all I have for you this time. Maybe you can make more sense out of it then I did.
So till next time.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment