Friday, August 29, 2014

Weberg: Jan. 3, 1924 Ogema, Wis Chain Letter

Dear Friends,
I hope this letter finds you in a fine mood, looking forward to a nice long weekend. I know I am.
Anyway here is the next letter. It's the first letter of 1924. And it's a chain letter. I guess it does not matter when you live this kind of  thing  is always there in one form or another. Then it was in letter form. Today forwards and things being past around in one form or another on the computer.
This one was sent from a person with the last name Weberg. I do have a few pictures of three different Webergs but I'm not sure which one this is from.

I'm not going to copy this one. To many names. I suppose if you click on it you will be able to see all the names. I will copy the instructions for you tho.

Copy this and send it to nine people
whom you wish good luck. This chain
was started by an American officer
and should go around the world three
times. Do not break this chain, for who-
ever does will have bad luck. Do
within 24 hours and count nine days
and you will have some good luck.
Lets go sailing three 1924

I wonder, do you think Grandpa did this? I think he did. The question is would you?
Reading some of the names on it I wonder if it was real. Can you see a General, a Colonel, Mayor or Hospital doing a  letter like this? I don't. But who am I to say if there is any truth in any of these kind of things.  

Well here are a few random pictures.

This is a picture of Grandmas parents and my dad, his cousin and two of his brothers. I don't know what year it was taken but I'm sure my dad does.
 This is Uncle Kenny.


This is a picture of Rib Lake Wis. I don't know what year it is.

Well that's about all I have for you today.
So till next time.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment