Friday, September 26, 2014

Laura Spiels: March 31, 1924 Westboro, Wis

Dear Friends,
  I hope this post finds you all well. Like me I suppose you are looking forward to the weekend.
Here is the next letter from Laura Spiels.


As always here is what it says:

            Westboro Wis
            March 31, 1924
Dear Howard:
                 I will
answer your letter
this afternoon.
Sunday seems to
be the only day I seem
to get time to write
letters.
  I got your letter
and pictures two
weeks ago, and I
thank for the pictures.
  We had Friday
off, but we had to
go to the Farmers
Institute so I don't
call that much of
a vacation. I am
getting tired of school
and I will be glad
when vacation is
here!

What are you doing
now?
It was some snow
storm we had
yesterday. I was
wishing the snow
would go away
so I could go home
but I guess it is
going to stay awhile.
I am here alone to
day so I am going
to answer all my
letters and then
I am going down and
play the Victrola
the rest of the after
noon.
I don't know of any
thing to write you
know theine there
is never anything
going on here, so I will
have to close
                 With love
                  Laura Spiels


Not a whole lot here. I wonder if going to the Farmers institute  was what we call a field trip today? I wonder how much snow they got that day? I also wonder what she listened to on the Victrola?
So many questions that will never be answered.
Oh well. Here are a few random pictures for you to see.


One of the unknown pictures of an unknown woman. I wonder when this one was taken?

Since it's fall I thought I would share another haying picture. On the back it says "Ma" Summer 1941. This is Grandma standing on top of this load of hay.

This is a picture of a young deer that was crossing the road. I'm sure the date on the side of the picture is not the date it was taken but just when it was finally developed. I decided to share this one with you to remind you that it's that time of the year when deer are becoming more active. So drive carefully.

Well that's all I have for you today. Enjoy the nice warm sunny weekend.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment