Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Anna: Oct. 1, 1924 Marinet, Wis.

Dear Friends,
I hope you had a nice weekend. Mine was a little on the short side. Right now, winter has returned a little sooner then I wanted it to. The last winter is still a little to fresh in my mind. This winter has a chance to be a lot like last one.
Anyway here is the next letter from an Anna. I'm not sure if it is one of the other ones that have already written. For some reason she is writing from Marinet, Wis. It's just a postcard.

Here is what I see when I read it.

Hello little cousin:
I got home fine.
Found Rev. Palm
in Escanaba with
out much trouble.
Came just in time for
breakfast. Rev. Lund's
and another minister
and        women
came to get me in
a big swell sedan.
How did you get back
home? How's your
mother. Helsa her
from me- also your
Dad and Tom.
       As ever Anna.

Well apparently she is a cousin. She had been to Escanaba. Which in the UP of Michigan. That's about all I can say there.

Here are a few random pictures for you to see.

Five of Grandpa and Grandma's kids. It looks like Jeanie is trying to make a break for it.

My backyard looks something like this right now.
See what I mean.
This is just from the last 24 hours. It's only November. What will the next 5 to 6 months looks like?

Finally.

 My great uncle Thomas with his friend Gotfred Weberg. Uncle Thoma was a veteran of WW1.

Well that's all I have for you this time. So stay warm.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment