Friday, November 21, 2014

Cousin Emma: Oct. 8, 1924 Majorville, Alta. Canada

Dear Friends,
I hope you are not to buried in snow where you live. It's hard to believe that around by Buffalo New York that they got 7 feet of snow. It's hard even imagine that much snow in such a short amount of time. We have more snow here on the ground for this time of year then we have had in a long time. I can remember having a lot of snow on the ground when I was growing up.
Anyway here is a post card from Grandpa's cousin Emma. She sent this from Majorville, Alberta, Canada. I don't know if she lived there or if she was just visiting.

Here is what it says:

     Majorville, alta,
     Oct. 8, 1924
Dear Howard:
   I am keeping
my promise even
if it did take
me a long time.
  How are you
these days? How
is your mother?
Greet her and
the rest. Your cousin
                Emma

I don't know if anyone will be able to tell me anything bout her. If they do I'll try to pass the information along to you. There could future letters from her but right now I'm not sure.

I thought that with so much of the country getting more snow then they are use to I'd share a couple of pictures from the scrap book.
 Some drifts within a few
miles of the inn-- Irving
Schmidt is shown.

The motorists who have been marooned at the Countryside Inn on Highway 41 near Franksville are
shown Wednesday afternoon perched on the snowplow which freed them. It was stuck when this
picture was taken, but later the inn's guests got their cars out.

Now a random picture for you to see.
I'm not sure what year this one was taken but I think there is a good chance to was from the 19 teens.

Well that's about all I have to say this time. I just want to wish all the hunters good luck with the hunt this year and to also be safe.

Till next time,
your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment