Friday, November 14, 2014

Mary Kauer: Sept. 30, 1924 Rib Lake, Wis.

Dear Friends,
How are you? Is it cold enough out for you? I don't know about you but I'm ready for the weekend except, I have to work on Saturday. It's that time of year when where I work we are usually busier. Sometimes it makes it hard to enjoy the holidays because we have to work so much more.
Enough of me whining here is the next letter from Mary.


 As usual here is what it says:

                  Rib Lake Wis
                   Sept. 30, 1924
Hello Howard--
   I got your letter
yesterday so you must
be alive yet any how.
That was a real letter.
I mean because it was
so long, not because
you gave me so
many compliments.
 But say, you can't
come Saturday because
I have a half date
for Sat. The kind you had the 4th.
  I feel awfully sorry
for you that you had

to stand out in the rain.
Here's hoping you didn't
catch a cold.
  Hows your toothache or
are you all over it?
I know thats no fun
because I had an awful
lot of it when I went to
school.
  We have a basket
social at our school a
week from Sat. and I
spose the other schools
will have theirs pretty
soon.
  Was at Wellington Sunday
and that perhaps I'd

see you and Rose there
I think Anna R. was
there.
  Guess I'll close as it's
getting late good luck
                        Mary K.

Hospital Nurse- You say you wish to see
the young man who was injured in the auto
accident?
"Yes; I thought it would be only fair to
give him the kiss he was trying for at the
time it happened."- Judge

He couldn't have been very
good at one hand driving


Another interesting letter from Mary. I wonder exactly what a half date is?  I hope Grandpa did not have to deal with his toothache to long.
I wonder how many basket socials Grandpa went to and if there was a certain basket he would bid on.
I like the little comic she included. I wonder if there was a little hint included or maybe a warning or maybe she just like the message it was giving.
I also wonder how long he was involved with Rose.
So many questions  that will never be answered.

Now here are a few random pictures for you to see.

I have a lot of pictures of people that Grandpa and Grandmas children had gone to school with plus a number of their pictures. There also a number of pictures from school trips. Over time I'll include one of them. Most do not have any names written on the. This one does. Her name is Sharon Swenson who was 11 when this picture was taken.


I wonder what Grandma was trying to do in this picture.


This is a tractor shed and boarding house that was at Macky Spur. I'm not sure what year this one was taken.

Well that's about all I have to share with you this time.
So stay warm and good luck,
from,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment