Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Mary Kauer: Sept. 25, 1924 Rib Lake, Wis.

Hello Friends,
I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend. On Saturday my husband and I went to Marshfield . On the way there we saw two bald eagles along side the road on the north side of Stetsonville eating a dead animal. That for us is really rare to see one eagle but to see two is something I will not see again for a long time.
We also saw in a field a  picture perfect kind of buck on hot pursuit of a doe. What I mean by a picture perfect deer is a perfect ten point or bigger rack and a big body on the buck. And no time to take a picture.
Anyway enough about my weekend, here is the next letter from Mary Kauer.



As always here is what it says:

               Rib Lake Wis.
               Sept. 25, 1924
Hello Howard,
   Well, I'll have to
mail this letter today if
you are to get it by
Sat. so I'll try my luck.
  How did you come
thru the storm we had
Sunday? Was it bad
around your place? It
seems that it struck
every place but Rib Lake.
Must be the people
in Rib Lake are pretty
good, after all. Our
house shook just a

little so you could notice
it. There were some trees
across the road but nothing
else happened that I heard
of. But the wind sounded
just terrible.
  Did you and Rose go to
Wellington or did you
get scared out, too.
  Some man from here was
coming home from West-
boro and said the
 wind almost tipped his
car. It was going up and
down all the time.
  Did you see Rose this
week already or are you

too busy to go bumming
around.
  We were to that picnic
Sunday but it wasn't very
nice. Aver Everything
was so muddy & wet and
then to finish it I fell
under the swing and
got my coat all muddy.
  So long & best wishes
               from Mary K.
I think this is a fair
size letter don't you?

It sounds like they had a good storm that week. I'm everyone made it through.
I wonder how long Grandpa and Rose were a thing?
I wonder what she was doing that she fell under the swing into the mud?
So many questions that will never be answered.

Oh well, here are a few random pictures for you to look at.
Remember if you see someone you know just let me know.

I wonder what they are looking at. This picture was taken at Weberg's. Kind looks like a hole in the ground or a wash out. What do you think?

No idea who this little boy is. But to me he looks like he was cross eyed. But a picture can be very deceiving.

 No idea who this couple is.

Well that's about it for today.
So best wishes to all,
from your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment