Friday, August 3, 2018

Carol: Nov. 13, 1934; Milwaukee, Wis.

Dear Friends,
Well, it's the end of yet another week. At least I get to have two days off. An actual weekend. Yeah! I'm not sure what we will do because the husband I think still has to work Saturday. Oh well, I'll just get housework done with no interruptions.
Anyway, here is the next letter from Carol:


As always for those that find it hard to read, here is what I think it says:

                       Monday
                       Tuesday Nov. 13-34
Hi Howard;
  Bon Voyage! Ooops guess I
got my words mixed up, but
any how, what I mean is, how
are you? I am fine thank you.
  You bet your boots you
owed me a letter. I answered your
letter the day I received it. So
that's that.
Gee it is miserable today
cold and dreary.
What have you been doing
for excitement? I have been going
out every nite for the last 2
weeks. Saturday nite I am going
up to west Bend to a wedding
anniversary with a fellow we
expect to have a good girl.

Oh ya, am I getting ritzy -you
don't know it but I wear
glasses, and now I am getting
a pair of Oxfords you know the
kind they wear with gold chains.
Boy I look like a society Jane
with 'em.
Am I thrilled or am I thrilled
the fellow I am going to West
Bend with asked me to marry
him. But the funny part of it
is I hate him. So that is off. But
anyhow if I am an "old maid" I
at least can say I had a proposal
of matrimony. ha!ha!
I may go to Cleveland Ohio for the
winter and Spring to stay with a friend
but if I do I will give you my address.
Saloon-- until next time Carol xx

I just want to ask why does someone go to a celebration with someone you hate?
I do hope she had a nice time anyway.
I wonder how many proposals she received over the year and did she stay an old maid?
I do hope she enjoyed her new glasses.
Did she go to Cleveland for the winter and Spring?
So many questions where the answers have faded away.

Here are a few stories from the editorial page of "Labor" Tuesday, September 4, 1934:

 Just a few things to give you something to think about.

Here are a few jokes from the paper and page:

So true about stories. They can grew  bigger in different ways over time.

Finally, a random picture:

No idea who they are or when they were taken. This is two different pictures.

Well, that's all I have to share with you today.
Remember there are two letters left till I start taking longer breaks between posts.
I do hope you will still drop by again real soon for more Fading History.
Till then.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment