Friday, August 10, 2018

Ruth: Xmas soon; Tripoli, Wis.

Dear Friends,
Well believe it or not but my journey through the letters have come to an end. But I think there are a few other letters not as old. I didn't think it would take this long to get through all those letters.I put them in 3" binders as I went along. There are 6 of them. I do hope everyone enjoyed reading them and all the other things I have shown you over the years.
After today I will not be posting as often. There are still more news story I will show from time to time. Plus there is the Swedish newspaper I will be showing from time to time. I have a children's  story book in Finnish I would like to translate and share. There are still more pictures. I also have a cook book in Swedish from 1908. There is a story about my great uncle Joel Oscar I will share with you also. These are just some of the things you will see from time to time.
But before that happens, here is the final letter from Ruth:



As always, for those that find it hard to read, here is what I think it says:

              Tripoli, Wisc.
               Xmas
                soon
Dear Howard
                   Don't think
I've forgotten you
kid. I haven't
Hows the world
using you. Me
fair at present
guess I'll come
home couple days
Xmas. Hope I'll
see you then
I'm going to a
dance tomorrow
nite. Was over
to see Lillian
this afternoon

gosh it seems funny
Xmas is so near
Do you take
hint Ha. That's
what they are
all asking me.
If you see Elmer
or Walter ask
them why they
never write.
I had a letter
from Red. She's
having a good
time I guess
I was going to
write home tonite
also. But I have
so many other
things to do

are you going to
have a Xmas tree
it's pretty dead
around here at
present well
Howard Hope I'll
hear from you
soon      Love
             Ruth
But 106

Not a lot here. Just a lot of talk about writing. And Xmas.
I hope everyone have a very nice Xmas that year.

Here is a story from the Editorial Page of Labor; Washington, D.C., Tuesday September 4, 1934:

I wonder how many people believe that to this day?
Sometimes I do get that feeling.

Here is a joke from the the same paper on the same page:

I wonder how well that would work today?

Finally a random picture:

I might have shown this one before. Grandma is the one on the right.

Well, that's all.
I will do another post for sure on Monday. After that I might be post maybe once a week.
I hope you have enjoyed all of the Fading History I have shared with you.
If anyone has any other ideas about something to share I would love to hear about it.
So all I will say is, it's really not over over.
So still drop by from time to time and check things out.
Till  next time.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment