Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Kathryn Shirley Clary; Chicago, Sept. 5, 1919

Dear Friends,
How are you? I could be warmer. This letter is the first one from Kathryn.

In case it's hard for you to read here is what it says:

Dear Friend,
I suppose you think I'm a dandy for not writing
and thanking you for the good time I had at
your home & also for the pictures. But I've
been very busy. Would you mind sending me another set,
please. I've lost half the others already. Do you hear
from Theresa very often. Gosh I couldn't

camp up there on a farm it's too dead. I don't
see how people can live on them. How
is your mother, father & Tom & Elmer, and
of course yourself? Do you pick black berries up
there much? Well I guess I'll close now.
Regards to all.
Your friend
Kathryn Clary
3818 N. Ashland Ave.
Chicago, Illinois
Please answer.

I think I got it right. I think she was asking about picking black berries. It makes sense.
I've been trying to figure out who Elmer is. I asked my Dad and he's not sure. It could be one of his brothers but we are not completely sure.

Here is one of the pictures I think is of Kathryn and Theresa.
 I did manage to find a few more. I will include one with each letter where they mention pictures.

Well, I'm including a couple more pictures from the scrap book.
 It looks like the snow problems happened in 1936. I just wonder how long they were "imprisoned".
Maybe all police officers today should carry thermometers with them.


Well that's it for now.
Regards to all.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment