Friday, January 31, 2014

Theresa Lambert; Hayward, Sept. 9, 1919

Dear Friends,
How are you? I'm doing good. Could be warmer but, it's the end of January what do you expect.
Well here is the next letter from Theresa. She was still in Hayward.



In case it's hard to read here is what it says.

Dear Friend,
I received your letter & was certainly glad
to hear from you. No we have not gone home
yet but are going to leave Wednesday. So 
next time you write address your letter to
Miss Theresa Lambert
3914 Greenview Ave.
Chicago, Ill.
Gee will I be glad when I reach the dear spot.
We had thrashing here last week. Gosh
we had some crowd to feed.

I have been going to so many dances that
I know pretty nearly everybody in town.
I have been in town every nite saying 
goodbye to every body. Well I guess
I will close now.
Hoping to hear from you soon.
Your Friend
Theresa.

It sounds like she really enjoyed her stay in Hayward. So the next time we hear from her she will be in Chicago.

Well I'm including two more pictures from the scrap book.

 This stretch in Waukesha county was too much even for
a snow automobile, which can be seen in the background. The
road is County Trunk P and shows how the wind drifted the snow
after plowing.

If you have never heard of a snow automobile, it was something they tried to make but it was not working out the way they imagined it would. But we do have snow mobiles.


This is the result of a single 71-mile run by a locomotive from
Marinette, Wis., to Iron Mountain Mich. This picture was made
at Bayley Junction. Mich., where the train arrived nearly on time.

There are still a lot more pictures from that winter. Some I may not be able to scan because they are a little on the big side and my copier can not make them look very good. But I'll do my best to try every thing I can to let you see as many things from the book.

Well that's about it for now. 
Till next time.
Your Friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment