Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Katheryn Clary; Jan. 15, 1920 Chicago, plus random pictures

Dear Friends,
I hope this post finds you all well. I'm doing good. Still trying to think spring as hard as I can but it's not working. Enough about me here is the next letter from Kathryn.
In case it's hard to read here is what it says:

Dear Howard:
Well I don't know whose turn it is to write so I tho't that I
would drop you a few lines seeing you are so particular as to who writes last.
I am still working at the same place and I suppose I will be as I like it real
well. What are you doing with yourself now days. Have you heard from Theresa
lately? We are going together again now and are going to a dance tonite. Do
you ever go to any? This is Thursday and pay day and we are not payed yet
the cashier is taking her time about it and I wanted to go downstairs and get
a Sundae and some candy, but I see where I will if this keeps up I see where I
will get down there. Do you still work. I think you are a fine one for not
writing I am sure that I wrote you last. Are you that particular with every
body else??????? I don't think so do you? Its snowing real hard out now and
I wish it would stop because I do not like it do you? I wish summer was here
I love to go swimming don't you? Is your mother better I hope so but you
would never write and let me know if she was or not. How is all the rest of
the family? All felling as well as you do then they must be fine. I'm dead
waiting for some icecream  but I guess I will have to wait it seams that there
is no hope for getting any money until midnite. Gee I don't know what else to
say so I guess I will have to say it eh? Well I guess I will close now as
I have some other work to do and it has to be out before next year.

Your friend,
K. Shirley Clary.
3818 N. Ashland Ave.
Chicago Ill.

 Well it sounds like Katheryn and Theresa are hanging out together again, for now.
I think Katheryn was just trying to waste a little time while she waited for her check. This letter to me just sounded like she was just rambling on about nothing. There was nothing to research on this one so, here are a few random pictures.

 This one was taken in Ashland WI.. I think the name of the studio is The Jones Studio. No idea who this is or when it was taken.

No clue who anyone is in these pictures or even the year.

Looks like another picture of loggers. It was made into a postcard.

This one was also made into a post card. if you can click on the picture to make it larger you will notice  there is a dog in the boat. I just wish I knew who it was and when it was taken.

Well that's all I have for you this time. I'm hoping the next letter will be a little bit more interesting or at least have something that needs to be checked out. And if anyone ever sees someone they know that I don't just let me know.
So till next time.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment