Friday, March 21, 2014

Theresa Lambert; Jan 26, 1920 Chicago plus more random pictures

Dear Friends,
I hope this post finds you all well. Me, a little tired from work. Eight hours of walking around can ware you out some days. Any way here is the next letter from Theresa.



As always in case it's hard to read, here is what is says;

Dear Howard;
I received your letter quite
a while ago and meant to answer
it but on account of my new
position I was to busy. Oh yes
I am a busy woman. I went
to a party last night and talk
about a good time. Oh boy
you tell them my tongue is
in my shoe. Ha Ha. Are you
laughing I am. Say tell me
a wooden joke you made
out of your head. Ha ha.
Well I go with Katheryn once in
a while but not very often.

I went to the Victoria theatre
last Sunday and saw, "Don't
 Lie To Your Wife". I was the best
I had seen for some time. It
was sort of a comedy drama in
vaudevil. We had a big snow
storm here for the last two
days. it drives me almost insane
because I have to wear rubbers.
I want to go to Hayward so
bad this summer but that's
not saying I am going. Oh boy
would it be swell if I could. I
bought myself the cutest
canteen bag for $10.00. I am
crazy about it. Have you

been going to many dances
lately? I have I went to
one Thursday & Friday. I am
going to another dance
next Saturday at a dandy
Hall. I am going to see the
"Follies" at the colonial. They
say they are great and I
am dying to see them. Well
I will close now hoping to
hear from you soon.
Your friend
Theresa

It sounds like Theresa is a woman that is always on the go. It must have been hard to keep up with her.
As for looking for some of the things she talked about this is what I was able to find out.

 

This is all I could find about 'Don't Lie To Your Wife'. I wanted to try and find out more about it but could not. I am involved with the local community theater and we are always trying to find interesting ones to do that would bring in the people. I wonder how something like this would work. But with a little bit of a more modern twist. That is if I could ever find out exactly what it was about.
She also said something about 'Follies'. I wonder if it was the Ziegfeld Follies?

Not sure if it is the same one.

She said something about a canteen bag. This is what I found.


They were also known as flappers bags. The kind of bags that the Flappers from the 1920's use to have.

Now here are a few of the random pictures.
This one was taken at A.H. Matthes Studio. No clue who they are. Do you know?

No idea when it was taken or who they are.



More random unknown people.

Well that's all I have to share with you this time. So till next time, you take care now ya hear.
Your friend as always,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment