Friday, March 14, 2014

Theresa Lambert; Jan. 6, 1920 Chicago, plus random pictures

Dear Friends,
I hope this letter finds you all well. Me? Tired from work. But I'm still going to show you the next letter from Theresa. This letter tells you what happened between the two girls.



In case it's hard to read here is what it says:

Dear Friend,
I received your letter
sometime ago and I don't wrote one but
know now wether I mailed
it or not. I received your
stationary the day before Christmas
and thank you a hundred
times. Would you please send
me some of Casey Jones letters
as I am anxious to see what
she said about. She was
only jealous of me that's all
she was afraid I was

vamping all the boys that's all.
The way it came about that my
mother shut the door in her face
was because because Adeline asked
me if I saw her pocket book and I
told her no. Then about a month
later her and Casey called me &
asked if I had the pocket, as much
as to say I took it. It made my
mother so angry she just shut
the door. I am glad you like
my Christmas present and I thank
you for all the thanks you gave
me. Well I hope your mother
is better by this time. Did you say
you had a victrola. Well I must
come and visit you sometime.
I quit my position at Monkey
Wards today. I am going to work
 at the American Can Company.
Some job believe me. I got the
most beautiful Japanese Mink
fur coat from my mother for

Christmas that you ever saw.
I got a pretty hat from
her to go with it. Are you
still taking pictures of your
cats. They certainly are pretty
Your box of stationary was
all crushed but the paper
was all right. Well I guess
I will close now. I will
write more next. Don't
forget to answer immediately.
Your Friend
Theresa

Well now you know Theresa's side of the story. As for why she is calling Kathryn Casey Jones I'm thinking it might have been just a way of getting around writing Katheryn's name, for now.
As for The American Can Company, it was incorporated in 1901. it was started by Irving Fein. Originally it was named Fein Container corp.  I think now it is known as American National can.
It looks like Grandpa like giving gifts. First candy and now stationary. I wonder how much he spent on gifts like these over the years?


Now here is another random wedding portrait.
 If you know who this is just let me know.

Here is an interesting postcard plus writing on the back.

I wonder what year this one taken.

Here is a picture of Westboro. Wis. I don't know what year this is from. It could be the twenties.



Here is another random picture. Just another reason why you should always identify people in pictures so people in the future know who you were and what you looked like.

Well that's about it for now. I hope you enjoyed it.
Till next time, may you and yours have a good weekend.
Your Friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment