Friday, April 4, 2014

Katheryn Clary; April 15, 1920 Chicago

Dear Friends,
I hope this post finds you all well. I'm doing as well as can be expected.
Well here is the next letter from Katheryn.


As always, if it is hard for you to read, here is what is says:

Dear Howard:
I received your
letter this morning
and was glad very glad to
hear from you. I am
very sorry that I did
not write. I am home
from work sick &
don't feel extra fine.
Yes I received the neg-
atives and pictures
also, they turned out
very nice and thank
you very much for
them and your trouble.
Say you couldn't
develop a picture
that was taken by
the photographer

could you? I have
a negative here but
it is getting  a little
old but would
love to have it made
up. You see the
studio where it was
taken has gone out
of business. Will you
answer & let me know
right away and I'll
send it to you. How
is your mother and
the rest of the family?
Tell Elmer that my
name is not "dearest"
he must of been
thinking of some
of his other "Janes" eh?
Well I guess I'll
close now.
Your friend
K.S. Clary
ans.soon

Not to much here. I do think I might have found another picture that could be Katheryn.
I think it is her. I looked at some of the other pictures of her and Theresa and I think this is her.
This Elmer guy must have been on the prowl trying to find the right girl. I wonder if he did. I still don't know if he was a cousin of Grandpa's or just a friend. I showed you a picture of an Elmer Johnson who could be him, last post.
 I could have more picture that might have come from Katheryn. I'll have to study the ones that I think might have been hers before I post them.

But for now here are some random picture you might enjoy.


This is the first picture. I've included the writing on the back. I'm not sure who they were. But someday I hope to find out.


 This is the next one. The one on the end top row is Grandpa. I just wish I knew what year this was taken and who the other people were.

The best meeting place in the old days.

Just another portrait of an unknown baby. The studio was at 522 N. Clark St., Chicago. The name of the studio was C.H. Huszagh (I think).

Well that's all I have for now. Till next time. Take care and do come back often.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment