Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Theresa Lambert: June 8, 1920 Chicago

Dear Friends,
It's me again. Are you ready for the next letter from Theresa?
Well ready or not here it is.


This one is written in pen, I think. So in case it's hard to read here is what it says.

Dear Howard;
I know it's a heck of a
trick for me to play but I
have not had time to move.
Same old stall but you will
excuse me I hope. We have
had cold weather right along,
we would have a hot day now
and then but what's that. It was
pretty cool yesterday along the
lake but today, it's hot enough
to roast a pig. My mother is
going to Hayward this year
but I can't go because I only
get one week vacation and
                 2
it would not pay to go up
there for one week, so I stay
home. Boo hoo. I suppose you
are laughing. Well it's no joke.
Don't get eggy or I will scramble
you. Getting real rough eh? Well
treat em rough they like you
better. Suck scribbling well this
pen is driving me insane. We
were out riding in a great big
Jeffry motor car Sunday. Oh
daddy that was some boat.
How is your mother? Any
better than she was around
Christmas time? Well I

hope so. The warm weather
makes any body feel better.
I suppose you are very busy
now planting all kinds of
 things. Well plant a little sweet
pea for me and when I go stealing
thro the country some night I
will come and get it. Well I guess
I will close now. Hoping this letter don't find you so over
worked that you won't be able
to write right away.
Your friend
Theresa

Well not a whole lot here. But if you notice the time between letters are getting longer. Or maybe I don't have all the letters. Maybe there are some he didn't save or maybe they are mixed up with some of the other letters. Time will tell.
I counted the number of letters to go between Katheryn and Theresa and there are 24 more to go. So it will be a few more months before I can start another person.
She did mention something about a Jeffry motor car and that it was a big boat. I found something that could be what she was referring to on the internet.

I figured it was big so maybe it's the boat she was talking about.

Well since she mentioned cars I thought I'd share some pictures of old cars of about that time.


Not sure who the woman is and I'm not good at telling one car from another.
Not sure what the occasion is but look at all those cars that look alike.


Must have been a family friend.

Someone who was driving by the old homestead.

Well I hope you enjoyed this letter and pictures.
I'll close for now. Till next time.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment