Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Theresa Lambert: Aug. 6, 1920 Chicago

Dear Friends,
I hope your Easter was a good one. I know that spring if finally here.How you ask? The frogs are singing, very loudly. I wonder if I spied some in one of the many puddles if I would catch them have fun, if you know what I mean.
Any way here is the next letter from Theresa.

As always here is what it says:

Dear Howard;
      I have a few
moments left to write
you a letter. I have
not had time to turn
around. Katy is having
a birthday party Sat.
Oh daddy I guess I
am going to have a
good time. My mother
is still in Hayward. I
got home safely and
am having rather a

wild time, out every nite.
We went to the pier Sunday
and took some pictures, I will
send you some if you will be
real good. How did the
pictures we took that day?
Write & let me know how
they turned out. We got to
Hayward all right will the
battery but they are having
trouble with it now. I had
a swell time in Hayward
when I was there. I got home
Monday morning. Gosh but
it was a long ride I thought
I would never get in Chic.

Well this is all for
this time. Hoping you will
write soon

Theresa

Not a whole lot here. But it sure sounds like she was having a very fun summer that year.
Here are a few pictures that I think are of Theresa and her family.




At least I think it is of her family. If not it's still a look at a past that has faded almost away.

I decided to include a picture from the scrap book. Not a winter one but one I think people who can't get enough cat pictures will like.
 Cats are hard to photograph, but a Journal camera man
snapped Scram, which belongs to Mrs.Howard Watts, 5536 N.
Hollywood av. Whitefish Bay, trying to eat a candle on its birthday
cake.

Well that's about it for now.
So till next time.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment