Friday, April 25, 2014

Lucile: Aug. 9, 1920 Hayward

Dear Friends,
How are things going for you? I'm a little tired but I'll survive.
Here is the next letter from Lucile. I'm still not sure if she is Theresa's mother or not.


                                                                 Sat. Aug. 7, 1920
                                                                  Hayward, Wis.
                                                                   R2.
Dear Howard,
I wrote to Theresa
and she said she always
intends to write to you but
something always happens
that she doesn't do it
any how. That's very
exciting isn't it?
Say listen are you
listening, will you
send those pictures
you took of us to me/
I don't think you can
take any pictures of
us this time because
we won't stop there.
Theresa isn't going to
drive back either

this time. I am. Your
place is out our way
ten miles because we
looked at the speedo
meter. My sister&
brother are measuring
our little dog as I'm
writing this nuts aren't
they you tell'em.
Our old dog came back
here again to us.
I'll bet Theresa is
having the time of her
life out there. You
know when the cats
away the mice will
play har! har!

Well I don't know what
else is interesting to write
so this will be all.
This time. Hoping I'll hear from you soon.
Lucile
P.S. Don't forget to send
the Pictures.
Lu.

Now after reading this letter a little closer I think that she is a sister. And that her name is Lucile not Lucila.
I'm trying to figure out what they were measuring the dog for.
Here is another picture I think might be of Theresa or a sister and brother.

Here are a few pictures that I think you might like. And I know who they are.
This is the Johnson brothers. It was taken in May 1958.
This is their sister. I'm not sure what year this was taken but I'm sure she will let me know. Right auntie?
This is grandpa's brother Thomas. I don't know what year this was taken but I'm sure it was around 1920's or something like that.

Well that's all I have for you this time. So till next time.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment