Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Katheryn Clary: Sept 14, 1920 Chicago

Dear Friends,
I hope you all have a very good Memorial Weekend. Mine was quite and a hotter then I was expecting. Just the way I like it.
Well here is the next letter. As you see it is from Katheryn. The post mark on the envelope was Sept. 14 but the letter is dated Sept. 11. It must have taken her a few days to get it in the mail.




As always if it is hard to read, this is what I made out.

                            Chicago Ill.
                             Sept. 11, 1920
Dear Howard:-
            Well I
received your letter
and was very glad
to hear from you.
    Gee if I had
my vacation now
I'd come up and
have you teach me
how to drive your
"Henry".
    So Elmer has
a steady eh?
 Well
that must be
exciting and you

haven't, how funny.
   Why don't you
get a steady? Do
you go to many
shows out there?
I live in them
here. Theresa didn't
go to Hayward, as Lucy
drove back to Chi. so
 it's all of with "Ogema'
this year. I don't
suppose I'll see you
again as I am not
expecting to go up
there this year or
next, because next
year I want to go

To Baltimore Maryland
next year.
   Do you take
many trips in
 your Henry? Gee
I wish we could
have a machine.
would I go some,
"Oh man"!  I'd knock
telegraph poles and
everything down.
What do you say?
Lamberts came home
a week ago Sunday,
Lucy drove home.
Well I guess its
time I'm closing

as I've got to get to
bed.
  Answer soon and
send me some pretty
scenery pictures of
Wisconsin.
   Your friend
   K. Shirley Clary
P.S. please address my
letters
Miss K. Shirley Clary
3818 N. Ashland Av.
Chicago Ill.
 and oblgo (Thanks)

Well at least Elmer finally had a steady. I wonder who his steady was and if anything ever came of it.
She wanted some pictures of Wisconsin. So going through the pictures and postcards I picked a few for you to see.
This one is I think from the 1960's. It's a greetings from Ogema Wis.
This one is of Rib Lake, Wis. It might be from the 1920's or 1930's.
I think this is one Grandpa might have taken in the 1920's. It might be from Copper Falls, Wis. There are a number of pictures from there with a few with words written on the back.
Here is one more from about the same time.I wonder who the people are sitting along the bank?

I wonder if she made it to Baltimore Maryland. 
I did find a postcard from that time.



Well that's about all I have for now.
So till next time.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment