Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Theresa Lambert: Sept. 2, 1920 Chicago

Dear Friends,
How was your weekend? Mine was good. I saw the sun the whole weekend. Boy have I missed it.
Well here is the next letter from Theresa.

As always here is what it says:

Dear Howard;
  Received your letter
yesterday and was very
glad to hear from you. I
am pretty well, thank
you, but you better be
getting in earlier in the
evening then you are.
I had all the kids over
Sunday. One of the girls
from the office came and
brought her sailor friend,
not knowing that the
north side girls were such
vamps, so she lost him.
I have not heard from
my mother yet about when
she is coming home but

we will drop in to see
you when we drive past
Say I got six letters Mon. yours
was in the bunch so I will
have to make this real
short and close. Hoping to
hear from you soon.
I said "soon" if you don't
I will step on your rubbers
and then wish for rain.
Har har.
Your friend
Theresa

Well not a lot here. She did learn not to bring a sailor friend to a party where there are north side girls. They can be such vamps.
I wonder if that sailor boy looked like this.



Here are a couple of random pictures I thought I would share with you.
I thought I would show this one to you just as a reminder of what can happen in May. I'm not sure what year this is but it could be around 1958, maybe.

I don't know who this Tommy is but apparently he was staying at aunt Hanna in Ashland. Who she is I don't know.

Well that's all I have for you today. I do want to tell you that I am working on getting all the letters organized in a chronological order the best I can. This way you will see more of all the different people that wrote to Grandpa sooner then doing it one person at a time. Also maybe the same event could be brought up by different people and you can see it from different views.
So till next time.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment