Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Theresa Lambert: Feb. 14, 1920 Chicago

Dear Friends,
I hope you enjoyed your weekend. Mine was good. Nice and warm for a change. I was even able to get my husband NOT to kill a snake we found under some wood we were moving on Saturday.  He hates snakes. What a wuss.
Any way here is the next letter from Theresa. (It was mixed in with the random bunch of letters and she signed it Billy)
Here is what is says plus a few spelling corrections.

Dear Friend;
     I received your letter several days
ago and was very glad to hear from you.
Nothing very exciting has happened since
the last time except that I have met a new
boy that I like pretty well. I just got
this typewriter and am trying it out. My
music teacher is giving a big concert March
6, 1920, and I want you to come too. Oh do
tell. it skipped, again well for heavens
sake is that all this machine can do. Please
excuse my hand writing please as I can't
help it. Ha, Ha, it's time to laugh really it
is. Well let us get down to business and
talk sense, what do you think. I am going
to a masquerade this Saturday with my new
friend ahem. I am going to have the whole
bunch up Sunday evening and we are all going
to dance oh boy. This new boy plays a
concertina and can he play I'll say he can.
Have you heard the new song Venetian Moon.
It is simply wonderful I am crazy about it.
Well I guess I will close for this time
hoping to hear from you soon.
Your Friend
Billy.

I found this recording of Venetian  Moon. I'm hoping it works so you can hear what she enjoyed so much.
If you can't play it you can go to YouTube it's there.
Here is a picture of the cover from the sheet music.
 

As for a concertina, for those of you who don't know what it looks like, here is a picture of one from about 1920.


Looking through the old pictures I found this one.
I'm not sure who they all are but the guy is holding a concertina so I thought it was just right for this post.

Here is a random picture of a couple of my uncles when they were younger.


Well that's about all I have for now.
I do hope this post did find you in good health.
So till next time.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment