Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Edna: July 24,1925 Chicago, Ill

Dear Friends,
I hope you had a good weekend and stayed warm. Mine was shorter then usual because I had to work on Saturday. So Sunday was a housework stay in the house kind of day.
Here is the next letter from Edna:



As always here is what I see when I read this:

               Tuesday Eve.
               July 24, 1925
Dear Howard:-
   Hows the boy? Just
fine I hope, having a good
time.
   Excuse my pencil
& the straight lines because
I'm writing on my lap. So
you can imagine.
   I have a new job. I'm
working for the Managle now.
Started Monday. Sure is nice.
Like it fine.
    Just wrote a letter to
Gladys and must write one
home yet. I'm ashamed for
waiting so long in ans.
your letter. Please forgive
me.
   Sat I took Lininea

to the circus. Then down
to Al's. Sunday night to a friend
took both she & I to the
theater. Saw a western
picture. Sure was good.
   Last night Stella a
girlfriend of mine came
over & the lady down stairs
& Lininea & myself all went
swimming. Had a swell time.
   Tomorrow night I'm
taking her to Al's to stay a
few days.
   How's everything?
   How did you like the
pictures?
   I'm going to make my-
self a dress tonight. So can't
write much. So please

excuse mistakes ans
pencil. My pen is at home
and Mother has forgotten
to send it.
  I went shopping today.
But didn't get a thing. Some
shopper, eh?
   Well guess I better quit
now. No: Howard I have
not heard that joke about
the bottle. It's a good one.
   There's no news. Only
Gladys came in town
Wednesday. She told me
to greet you.
   Write soon Howard.
You know I love to hear
from you.
               Sincerely,
                       Edna

Nothing special in this letter. I'm not sure if I spelled the name right of who she was working for. Plus a few other words I'm sure I missed spelled.
I wish she would have repeated the joke about the bottle I would have like to read it.
She does sound like she was always busy going somewhere all the time.

Anyway here are a few random pictures for you to look at.

This is Nels Roseen. Don't know what year this was or even who he was.

This is Fred J. Johnson. Taken at Dake Studio in Medford Wis.

Just a couple of guys, out standing in a field. I do wonder if the one on the right could be Grandpa. I guess I'll never know.

Well that's all I have for you today.
So take care.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment