Friday, February 6, 2015

Mary Kauer: June 29, 1925, Rib lake, Wis

Hello Friends,
I hope you had a good week. Mine was not to bad. I'm a little busy right now helping with the community theater with our next production, The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee. I don't sing so I help back stage. The production dates are Feb. 12, 13 and 14. So if you find yourself in the area at that time we would like to entertain you.
Anyway here is the next letter from Mary:


As always here is what it says:

          Rib lake, Wis
          June, 29, 1925
Hello Howard-
  Say, I should think
you'd be scared to come
down here where all these
Germans are. But your
pretty strong so I spose you
feel safe. Won't it be
nice to see you again?
Do you always work daytime
or are you working nights
this week? I think this
letter is long enough to send
from the store to Dodges
               Mary
        over
P.S. If you are working
nights call up some
afternoon. Call Bogumilk
                    residence

Just a short letter that does not say much of anything. I wonder what kind of job Grandpa had at the time that sometimes he worked nights.

Here are a few random pictures for you to look at.

No idea who this woman is but, don't you just love her hat?

This is a picture of the home place. It was taken July 4th, 1938. I don't know who the man is.

No idea who this is but, she looks like she was having a good time.

Well that's all I have to share with you today. I hope you have a good weekend.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment