Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Anna Rainila: June, 24, 1925 Eagle River, Wis

Hello Friends,
I hope you had a good weekend. Do you watch the Super Bowl? I did but, I really didn't care who won.I watched it for the commercials. I didn't like either team.
Anyway here is the next letter from Anna Rainila. I don't think I have spelled the last name right. Maybe someone will correct me some time.



Here is what is says:

                       June 24 1925
Hello Howard-
         Just a few lines
to keep my promise. it is
raining now and nothing
else to do but, write letters
(haha)
  I got here Sunday Nite.
I prosponed the coming from
Friday till Sunday. Also
must tell you I was or
am not at all disappointed
about coming here. I like
my job first rate. The
girls told you will like
it otherwise but you
won't like Mrs. Ulrich, they
told me she is so crass.

but I have nothing to
kick, they're all nice to
me and Mrs. Krohn told
me this morning that
Mrs. Ulrich told her she
really likes me. She said
I was so tidy (haha)
quite a compliment for
a freshman. Isn't it?
haa Our Guests sure
are swell people, ine ol
my!
 We start work in
the morning 6.45 are through
at 11.00 bells in the forenoon
start at quarter to 12 and
after lunch we're through
and 2 bells then we are
off until quarter to six
talk a bout a snap. I
sure am glad always when
its time to go to work

because it really is
fun. We went boat
riding the night before
and tonite we're planning
on going fishing, my
they sure catch nice
fish here.
  The scenery is quiet
wonderful I can't
help but admire it.
Bob sure was good to
get me this job.
  Will close now
        affectionately
          Ann
address
          Anna Rainila
          % Hemlock
                Eagle River,
                  Wis

I know there are a number of words I have spelled wrong, sorry.
If anyone can tell me if I spelled her last name right it would be very helpful.
Last April I showed you a postcard of the Hemlock Lodge. I decided to show it to you again.

This is what it looked like back in the 1920's. I wonder if it is still there in some form or an other.
I think that some where before Anna Rainila was mentioned by someone or maybe I have already shown you a picture of her. I'll have to check later.
I wonder how long she worked at The Hemlock? Just another question that will never be answered. It sounds like she was a good worker.
There are more letters from her coming up so we will be able to learn more about her and where she was living and working.

Here are a few random pictures for you to look at.

This looks like it could have been taken at Big Falls, maybe.

No idea who any of these people are. It looks like it was taken on a school bus. I would like to know why the guy has what looks like a vale.

Just another picture of people I do not know who they are. I'm thinking it could have been taken in the 1920's. What do you think?

Well that's all I have for you today.
So I will close for now.
Till Friday,
your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment