Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Edna: July 8, 1925 Chicago, Ill

Dear Friends,
I hope you had a good weekend. Mine was good. Had tech rehearsal for the play on Sunday. It's going to be a great show. I hope some of you can come and see it.
Anyway here is the next letter from Edna. Still not sure what her last name is for sure. It could be Swenson.




  Here is what it says:

             Chicago, Ill
              July 8, 1925
Dear Howard:-
  Well, I'll bet you think
I'm a slacker, but you see
I wrote you a letter yesterday,
but didn't send it. So there.
  I'm at work now, got
here half an hour too early.
I'm not working quite as
hard now, as when I
went home. They have some
new girls in. Helps some.
  Linnea likes Chicago.
Monday I had to leave
her home alone. I hated
to, but it was all I could
do. When I came home, she
was sitting on the veranda.
She had been down The
door, just a short dis-
tance from where I work.

with the daughter, where
we stay. They had gone
out for lunch & then
to a picture show. Gee!
They are nice to her. Mrs.
Skripps is taking her to the
beach today if it doesn't
rain. Mr. Nicolle told
Linnea, any time she
would like to hear the
radio she could get
the key from Mrs. Skripps
& go in their apt. & listen
in. Now I call that acc-
ommedating. Don't you?
  Sunday when we
got in, we took a taxi
from the station home.
When we got home we
went to bed. It was about
10 o'clock. Linnea slept
some on the train, but

I didn't sleep at all,
and you know about
what time I went to bed
Friday night(morning) Ha! So I was
quite fatigued.
I rode free to Spencer
(conductor) told me he couldn't
see how I could get up
home on that ticket. But
he left me go to Spencer on
it. Quite nice I must say.
  Virginia and I are to-
gether everyday. We sure
have the best of times.
  Hows "Harry"?
  Well, guess I must
close now & get to
work. It is almost
time for me to be

busy.
  Now, Howard, you
must answer, or I
might disown you. Ha!
  Have you seen any
Blue birds? Please don't.
          Sincerely,
          Edna
          906 Dohin St
          Chicago, Ill
P.S. Excuse stationery
and pencil. It is all
I could get a hold of.

It's been awhile since I had a letter from her. It sounds like she got lucky with the conductor of the train letting her ride for free to Spencer. That is something I don't see happening now a days do you? I wonder if the Spencer she mentioned is the one in Wisconsin or maybe Ill?
I think when she says "How Harry" maybe she is talking about his car.
I wonder why she asked about blue birds then said please don't? Maybe she wanted to be the one to see them and not him.
So many questions that will never be answered.

Anyway here are a few random pictures for you to look at.

This is a picture of Ethel Lunstrom.

This is I think a picture of Grandpa with one of his lady friends. If you notice along the left side there is situate of a man. I think this is one of Grandpa's first attempts to develop pictures.

I think I know who house this is but I'm not completely sure.I'll let you know later.

Well that's all I have for you today.
So take care and I'll see you again on Friday.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment