Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Cousin Walter: April 14, 1926 Los Angles, Cal.

Dear Friends,
How was your weekend? Hot? It's finally summer here. But I could really do without the high 80's and humidity. It was a busy weekend around the area. There was a number of different things to choose from. There was the county fair,still not good. It's sad that this community does not like to do things to help promote its businesses. To know what I'm talking about you just have to go. There was a car show in the park. That just might have been a bigger draw then the fair. I can't say for sure because I didn't go to it. There was a picnic for people who work for Weather Shield. My husband works there so we did go to that for awhile. It was a bigger crowd then I thought would be there. We didn't stick around to long.
Other things in the area was something in Westboro and I think there was something in Lublin. So as I said there was enough to choose from. That's just the local stuff. There were a number of different things going on around the state that could have been a bigger draw then here.

Anyway here is a postcard from Cousin Walter who was in California for some reason.

Court of birds, Glenwood Mission Inn, Riverside, California
Here is what he wrote:

Saw this place Monday.
Dear Cousin:
                   Just
a few lines to say
I'm still out here
and taking life
easy  Will be
back in Chi Mon
             Walter

Here is the information on the back:

Glenwood Mission Inn.
Riverside, California
The court with its luxurious
foliage,the low tiled Adobe
and the rustic ramadas  are all
reminiscent of the Old Spanish
days of manana. The old Adobe
made of sun baked mud bricks,
was one of the first houses in
the Riverside valley of "Glenwood
Tavern" of the early days.

It started in 1876 as a 12 room adobe boarding house. It still exists today. But something tells me it's a little on the pricey side.

Here are a few random pictures for you to look at.

This is the City Park and Legion Hall in Birnamwood, Wisconsin

This is the Bad River Canyon in Mellon, Wis.

This is looking back on Pikes Peak Highway.
I wonder what this highway looks like now?

Well that's about all I have for you today.
So till next time, take care.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment