Friday, July 10, 2015

Mary Kauer: Mar. 25, 1926 Rib Lake, Wis.

Dear Friends,
I hope this letter finds you doing well and looking forward to the weekend. Mine is turning out to be amazing! The play is a hit. Maybe I'll tell you about it before I end this post.
Here is the next letter from Mary:



At least this one is not as long as the last one. Here it for those of you that have a hard time reading it:

                       Rib Lake, Wis.
                       Mar. 25, 1926
Dear Howard:-
    This is just going
to be a hurry up letter
so it won't be long. I
got your letter this
noon and was surprised
to get it as I didn't expect
one till Sat.
  So you think you'll
come Sat. Well I hope
it doesn't snow any
more as I'm anxious to
hear all the Ogema
scandal. I was up to
Westboro last nite with
a car. 13 is good but
102 from Chelsea to Rib Lake

isn't quite so good but
we got thru fine.
  Mary Schneider & I
were out to Hess to see
Agnes Schneider last nite
and Mr. Hess just came
home as we were leaving
so he said he take us
back to town and he
took us way to Westboro
Gee, it seemed good to
ride in a car again.
Even if we did get our
feet wet driving thru
the water holes.
  How is Inez Swanson?
Does she still like you,
or did you make her

sore again? Which would be
just like you, not? Or did
you grow wings during
the winter.
   Well, I guess I'll close
as I have to go to the
barber shop yet and have
some other trimming to
do.
               Good luck from M.K.

   Not a whole lot here. I'm just wondering if she is referring to a certain scandal or just looking to find one.
I wonder how come they got wet feet in the car they were riding in. Guess I'll never know.

Here are a few random picture I choose for you to look at.

I thought since she mentioned a car I would show you a car from a time gone by going down a road.

Also since I'm in a play I thought I would show you a couple of jokes from the joke book that has to do with plays.

"Mortimer H. Peabody, where's the rest of your costume?"

"Miss Lucy Tassel, famous burlesque queen, will now do
her strip act over a network of 192 stations."


Well that's about all I have for this time.
Oh about the play, we got a standing ovation, which I think was almost completely sold out. Two more nights. I hope they will be just as full. I hope I'll see you there.
Till next time.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment