Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Mary Kauer: Mar. 30, 1926 Rib lake, Wis.

Dear Friends,
I don't know about you but my weekend was really good. Our play was very good. The people that came were very well entertained. I will miss going to practice. So now it's back to my same old same old. Oh well I guess I can now do some other things around the house that I didn't get done during practices.
Enough of that, here is the next letter from Mary:




 As always here it is for those of you that have a hard time reading the letter.

                Rib Lake Wis
                Mar. 30, 1926
Dear Howard:-
   Thanks a lot for the
candy. It sure was a
surprise. I didn't expect
to hear from you so
soon. I thot you'd be late
too tired to write. I got
your letter in first and
then afterwords Mrs. B.
called up and said
she wanted me to come
down stairs right away.
I couldn't imagine what
was going on. When I
came down she asked
me whether I'd let her
have the first piece of

candy if she gave me a box
I couldn't imagine what
she was talking about at
all. Then Mr. Hipke said
"don't you do it," and Pete
said, It's yours anyhow.'
Well, they had some more
fun about it so I gave
them all some and Clara
said it was darn good
candy.
What did your mother
and Thomas say about
you getting home so early
Next time you've got to
go home at 10 o'clock so
you get enough rest. You
know kids should have

at least 8 hours of sleep.
Did you see Luella since
Sunday? I wonder if she
got any teasing for going
to Rib Lake. But I spose
so, because you know the
Swedes are all so mean.
How are you now? Still
tired? I felt pretty sleepy
Monday but I'm fine today.
Mrs. Hipke has been kind of
sick yesterday & today. Gee I
hope she doesn't get sick.
  Well, so long. I've got to
quit as I can't think of any
more news. There's a fellow
cross from here playing
the accordion and I can't

write anymore since he
started. I wish you could
hear it tho, it sounds so
nice.
         Best wishes from
                            Mary


Not a whole lot here. I do wonder what kind of candy he sent her that everyone wanted a piece.
One thing that is always odd to me is she is always complaining about the Swedes. Calling them mean. Yet she is always writing and hanging out with grandpa who is Swedish. Was she one of those people that was always talking out of both sides of her mouth at the same time?

Here are some random pictures for you to look at.

This one is from Ashland. No clue who she is.

Just another picture of people that I don't know who they are.

The only thing I can tell you about this one is it was taken at Grandpa's house. No idea who they are for sure that are cutting the firewood.

Well that's about all I have for you today.
I hope you drop by for the next letter and pictures on Friday.
Till then take care and have a good week.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment