Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Mary Kauer: Nov. 11, 1926 Rib Lake, Wis.

Dear Friends,
How was your weekend? Mine was okay. I did have to work Saturday. Sunday was a nice day. It's hard to believe it's Nov. There should be maybe snow on the ground. Instead it's been raining here. I still think the weather is a month behind it's self. What do you think?
Anyway here is the next letter from Mary.



As always, for those who find it hard to read, here is what it says:

              Rib Lake
             Nov. 11, 1926
Dear Howard:-
  I got both of your
letters this forenoon and
was awfully glad to hear
from you. Gee I sure was
busy this week. One day
I worked till 8.30. They are
having a sale here and
they are all so busy. Mrs.
B. just was up here and

she said there were a
bunch of Finn's down in
the store.
Mary S. is here now
She is just playing with
the baby. My writing
looks awful but you'll
have to excuse it. I'm
s'pose to take the baby
out for a ride so I wanted
to mail this.

Did you get your car fixed
already? I didn't see dad
yet but I guess he was
to town one day.
Say who is it that is
staying at Horrens?
I didn't see anyone, I
wasn't out at all yet.
Well so long with
love x x from Mary.
The baby won't be quiet anymore.

Not a whole lot here. She has been working a lot and taking care of a baby. I wonder who the Finn's were.
I don't know if I spelled the place right that she mentioned someone was staying.
Once again she mentioned that Grandpa wrote two letter to her that she got at the same time. Boy, it sounds like he wrote a lot.

Here are a few random pictures for you to look at:

No clue who is in the picture or when it was taken. On the back is written "Make 6 prints".

No idea who these little girls are or when it was taken.

This is Ron Westberg. I think he graduated in 1960.

Well that's all I have to share with you today.
Stay warm, and dry.
Till next time.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment