Friday, November 6, 2015

Mary Kauer: Oct. 20, 1926 Rib Lake, Wis.

Dear Friends,
The end of the work week is here, but wait. I still have to work on Saturday. Now that sucks. But that's life.I just hope I can have a relaxing time the rest of the weekend.
Anyway, here is the next letter from Mary.




As always for those that find it hard to read here is what it says:

        Rib Lake Wis
        Oct. 20, 1926
Dear Howard:-
  Say, I certainly was
surprised to hear from
you this morning. Mr.
Hipke was upstairs and he
told me I got a letter
and I thot he was just
kidding then he said "Oh
yes, it's from him, he said
he doesn't want you anymore."
I should have let him

read your letter, maybe he
would have changed his
mind, don't you think so?
 How are you or (wie gehts?
We had a party up here
today. It was for Florence's
birthday. I got a little purse
with a mirror in it for Florence and a
mouth organ for Freddy.
His birthday was the 25th of Sept.
I s'pose you are in bed
by this time, it's about
8 c'clock or maybe you

are out stepping. How
about it?
  Mary Schneider is back
now and she was up
here today. She says
she had an awfully
good time and she
certainly is stuck on
one of her cousins.
She says she wishes he
wasn't her cousin. It's
a good thing for Joseph
that he is.

Well, I think I'll have
to quit as I've got to
go to the drug store to
get some stamps yet.
And maybe I can meet
someone to flirt with
a while since I can't flirt
with you.
     Love from M.K.
          Rib lake,
                     Wisc.
          R.1 because there is only
           one route

Another hint that Grandpa could really write passionate kind of letter. If only I could find one of his letters but I know the chance of it is slim to none.
If your wondering what " wie gehts" it's German for, "How are you?"
See you can get a language lesson here from time to time. Sometimes it could be Swedish or German. That is if I can read the words right.
I wonder how good looking Mary Schneider's cousin was that she wishes they were not related?
I wonder what kind of a flirt Mary was?
She mentioned she got a mouth organ for I think Freddy.
Image result for mouth organ
I always wanted to play one. Can you play it? Old time entertainment.


Well here are a few random pictures for you to look at.

No idea who this is or when it was taken. It does look like he just got done harvesting potatoes.

 No clue who these kids are. Do you?


No idea who the girl is on top of the pile of rocks. I think I know where it was taken.

Well, that's about all I have to share with you today.
I hope you will come back again soon for some more faded history.
Till next time.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment