Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Lillian L. Oct. 14, 1926 Chicago, Ill.

Hello Friends,
I hope this post finds you all well. I hope you had a good weekend and that you enjoyed Halloween. Mine was a nice one considering I had to work on Saturday.
Anyway here is the next letter from Lillian. It's been while since we have heard from her.




For those of you that find it hard to read here is what it says:

      Chicago, Illinois
      Oct. 14, 1926
Hello Howard:-
  I s'pose you'll
be surprised to get
a letter from me
down here. I was
going to write many
times but I lost
your address. I found
it again. I s'pose
you think I'm a
fine one. I quit
from Marquette
in July. I was
home for 1 month
and I had worked 3 wks
in Even Michigan
went home again.
& from there came
with one girl down
to Chicago. We

been here 5 wks now.
Oh Chicago is a big
place. Nothing but
noise & traffic. You
sure can open your
eyes when your on
the street. I'm work-
ing in a restaurant
sometimes nights
sometimes on days.
I didn't like Chicago
at first but now
I'm getting a little
more use to it.
I often wish that
if I was in Marq-
uette. I liked it
there cause I was
so long. I got use to
every one there. It's
hard to trust any-
one down here.
Some people would
treat a girl like a
       dog. They

wouldn't have na
heart. & each one has
to watch their
step closely. Who
waits to have care
of themselves. But a
car of girls don't care
at all. Hows Rosie
I haven't heard from
there at all even.
Hows the weather
there. It's rather
nice here at Present.
Imagine its nearly
a year since I wrote
last. And its over
2 yrs since I was
there next sum-
mer if anything
don't happen if I
would like to see

every one again.
I left mine over
this summer. I
was home that
time.
Say Hello to Rosie
& tell them I'm alive
yet. I bet you would-
nt know me anymore
if you seen me.
I'm more grown
up. But I feel like
a kid yet. I ought to
I'm young yet?
Well, I'll close &
would like to hear
from you again.
Your Friend
           Lillian launett
1039 N. Franklin St
       Chicago
                   Ill.
c/o Jackson

Well I did the best I could with some of the words. I might have gotten a few wrong. I did my best to make it sound right. Sometimes I don't know exactly what they intended to write.
Anyway, it looks like Lillian has been moving around a bit. I wonder how long she stayed in Chicago? Being from a small town and going to a huge city like Chicago can be very intimating. I'm sure she got use to it faster then she thought she would at the time.

Here are a few random pictures for you to look at.

No idea who they are but it looks like it could have been taken in the twenties, looking at the hats and the car on the side.

No clue who this is. it looks like it might have been taken out west somewhere.

I think this was taken somewhere around by the farm in the fall of maybe 1969. I could be wrong. I know the date says Mar. 70 but I think it might have taken that long to get it developed.

Well, that's all I have to share with you today. I hope you are where you can enjoy this Indian Summer we are having around here. By the weekend it is suppose to be maybe highs in the 40's instead of almost 70.
Till next time.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment