Friday, November 20, 2015

Mary Kauer: Nov. 30, 1926 Rib Lake, Wis.

Dear Friends,
The work week is finally over, for most. Including me! I will have a nice long weekend. It's opening gun, deer season around here. It won't be an ideal hunting time because there is not a chance of much snow on the ground. But a good hunter will have a little luck but not as much as usual.
Enough of that, here is the next letter from Mary:



As usual, for those that find it hard to read, here is what it says:

            Rib Lake, Wis
            Nov. 30, 1926
Dear Howard:-
  I got your letter
yesterday noon and it
certainly was a surprise.
Mrs. B. laughed about it.
She said I saw you Sunday
all day and then I got a
letter Monday morning.
I told her that you had
something important to
tell me, that's why you

wrote.
How do like this
rain? Now you can put
skates on your car. It's
fun to watch people
walk on the sidewalk. They
all walk as tho they are
pigeon toed because it's so
icy.
How are you, did you catch
cold? You said your feet were
so cold. So were mine but
they got warmed up by morn-
ing. And I dreamed about
you all nite or I mean for 3
hours not all nite. I'll tell

you what some other time.
I can't think of any more
news just now so I'll say
goodbye as I have to
do the ironing this after-
noon.
    Love from me
P.S. There was a funeral
here yesterday afternoon.
It was for Albert Ziemker's
sister-in-law. She died early
Sat. morning.

Just think if I ever got a hold of the letters he wrote her. I would be doing this blog for a lot longer then I could ever think of. They wrote to each other a lot. Sometimes it sounds like he wrote her a couple of times a day.
I wonder what kind of dreams she had about him.
I wonder what they were doing that they had cold feet that took a long time to warm up.
I sounds like the weather was almost similar to the kind of weather we are having here right now. Was it global warming back then? Or is it a cycle that the earth has every 90 or so years?
I wonder what happened to the sister-in-law of Albert Ziemker's died of? How old was she?
Questions that will never be answered.

 Here are a few random pictures for you to look at.

Just a winter picture. No idea when it was taken.

No clue who this is or when it was taken.

Just one of the pictures from someones class trip to Washington.

Well that's all I have to share with you today.
I hope you have a good weekend.
And if you are a hunter, I hope you have a successful hunt.
Till next time.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment