Friday, November 27, 2015

Mary Kauer: Dec. 6, 1926 Rib Lake, Wis.

Dear Friends,
I hope you had a good Thanksgiving Day. Mine was good. But I chose to work on Friday. I'm not a fan of manic shopping. When I shop I like to have elbow room and time to look at what I want without pressure to hurry up and go and then wait in a line that runs halfway around the store just to check out. But that's me.
Anyway here is the next letter from Mary:


As always for those who find it hard to read here is what it says:

                Monday 3.30
Dear Howard:-
  I've just got about 2 1/2
minutes time to write
so this won't be a long letter.
I've been working like heck
and I'm not thru yet.
I just t'hot I'd write
so you don't think I died
and send me flowers.
I got all your letters and
certainly was surprised to
get 3 at once. The butcher
was just in the store

and he laughed and said that
you must be lovesick. Pete
said maybe your other girl
quit you so you had lots
of time to write.
In the evening I was buying
some toys and the butcher
asked me if I would give some
to the fellow I got all the
letters from. I told him I
t'hot you deserved some.
  That fellow from Milwaukee
is here for hunting but didn't
get anything yet. Not even a
rabbit.
  Well so long and lots of
love from ?
P.S. I'll try and write a longer
letter tomorrow nite.

Every time she mentions how often or how many letters she received from Grandpa I wish I could see some of those letters. But I know that the chance of that happening is slim to none. I hope that maybe someday I can find Mary's family and find out if any of his letters ever survived. I would give them all of her letters so they could see what she was like when she was young.

Here are a few random pictures for you to look at.


These two pictures were put on postcards. I think if I remember right, these are pictures of deer that were killed by maybe coyotes or something like that.

 This is Ruth Johnson. No idea what year it was taken, it was a pictures glued onto a cardboard type frame.

Well that's all I have for you today. I hope you enjoy your weekend.
Till next time.
Your friend,
Sandy

P.S. Before I go I'll show you a picture of the deer my husband got on opening day hunting season.


No comments:

Post a Comment