Friday, February 12, 2016

Mary Kauer: April 29, 1927 Rib Lake, Wis.

Dear Friends,
I hope this post finds you all well.I don't know about you but I'm looking forward to the weekend. Most of my week was very quiet. No drama, just the way I like it. It was a little colder then I would like but It will be over soon.
Anyway, here is the next letter from Mary.



As always, for those that find it hard to read here is what it says:

Dear Howard:-
   Well, are you sore again
because I didn't write sooner?
Don't get sore because its bad
for your health. That's why
I never get mad any more.
Maybe I'll get fat now. But
Joseph says I'm thin because
I have to eat my own cooking
and he says he feels sorry for
my husband if I ever get one
but he doesn't think I'll get
one because I'm such a rotten
cook.
  How are the roads now, are
they any better then they were
last week? You should have seen
the fun we had last Sun.

getting home from church.
We got stuck about 5 times
and if Lambert's hadn't been
behind us we never would have
got home. Pete, Mr. and Lambert
were in the car so they always
had to get out and push.
  Say, you ought to see teacher
when Pete is around. Sunday
she had a headache on the way
home and she didn't say much
but the minute Pete came to the
car she was as jolly and nice
as could be. And she's always
trying to make wise cracks as
Mart says. Mr. Lambert said he
was hungry and Agnes had
some chocolate candy and she
kept saying, " Here's a chocolate drop

for you, here's a chocolate drop."
Then Pete said, " Well, let it drop.
And you know how grouchy she
always looks, well I wish you'd
see her when P. is there. It's as
good as going to a movie.
Say, Howard would you just
soon come some other time,
because Fuch's are having a party
Sunday and I'd like to go as it's
the first party. Or will you get
sore at me and not come at
all any more?
Peter got the papers you sent
him and I guess all the kids
read them. He certainly likes to
get them, did he write to you yet?
I  told him to write once
Love from
Miss Mary Kauer
  Rib Lake, Wis

I wonder how bad Mary's cooking was that everyone made fun of it.
With her saying they had to push the car about 5 times, tells me the roads where not in good shape. either because of to much snow or they were sloppy with mud because of melting snow.
I wonder what the chocolate candy looked like that Agnes had and was teasing others with.
I wonder if Pete knew that teacher had a thing for him. I wonder if they got together.
Just more history that has faded away never to be known again.

Since it's Valentines weekend, here are a couple of old Valentines for you to look at.


No idea who I is. It was sent Feb. 12, 1926 from Ogema.

Every time I go
in the ten cent
store and see some
cards I think of
you ain't you glad
Rec'd a letter from Han to-day
so here is my add.
2125 Riverside Ave.
Marinette Wis.

I think this was from his cousin Emma. But I could be wrong. The post mark is from 1924.

Here are a few random pictures for you to look at.

No idea who they are or when it was taken. I wonder if it was a match made in heaven. 

Another unknown couple I wonder how long they were together.

This is Mr. & Mrs. Rudy Hullman. Her name is Mary. I don't know if I spelled the last name right. The first letter was hard to make out on the back.

Well I hope you enjoyed this walk through Faded History.
I hope you will come back soon for another look some time soon.
Till next time.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment