Friday, February 19, 2016

Mary Kauer: May 9, 1927 Rib Lake, Wis.

Dear Friends,
I hope you are doing well, I'm fine. My week went by faster then I thought it would. But it's over and now it's the weekend, finally. Not sure what kind of weekend it will be but at least it's two days away from work for me.
Anyway, here is the next letter from Mary:


A short one. For those that find it hard to read, here is what it says:

                          Rib Lake Wis
                          May 9, 1927
Dear Howard:-
   I got your letter this
morning but I can hardly
believe it that Ed is dead.
When you called up I did
not know whether to
believe you or not. It
doesn't seem possible because
he was always so full of
fun and so happy.
  Margret said, "Well it
doesn't seem as tho it
could be true.
  When will his funeral
be, or don't you know yet?

I guess the only thing a
person can do is always
be ready to die because
you don't know how long
you will be here.
      goodbye for this
      time Howard

I'm sure in one of the other letters she mentioned Ed. I wonder what happened to him. Had he been sick or did something kind of sneak up on him. Maybe some day I'll have to really do real research and try to figure out who all of these people were and what became of them. Unless someone out there has more time on their hands then I do right now maybe they could find out for me.

Here are a few random pictures for you to look at.

No idea who this is. She is standing in front of a monument in a grave yard.

Sticking with the theme of funerals, here is what looks like a casket on the back of a truck. No idea who it could be.

This could be another picture from when Grandpa's father died, maybe.

Well that's all I have to share with you today. I hope you will come back again soon for some more faded history.
Till next time.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment