Friday, February 5, 2016

Mary Kauer: March 23, 1927 Rib Lake, Wis.

My Dear Friends,
I hope this post finds you all well. I'm good. My week was good. My mom had surgery the other day. Everything turned out very good. She's home and has no problems at all. She is one tough cookie.
Here is the next letter from Mary. To tell you the truth, I was not to sure at first what order it was suppose to go but I think I figured it out, I hope.






I hope I put it all in order. Here is how I think is was suppose to be read:

                  Rib Lake, Wis.
                 March 23, 1927
My dearest, darling, sweetheart,
honey my own:- I take
the pencil in hand not in
foot to write a few in-
dearing words to you. My
heart throbs with longing
for you while my tear
flows like a summer shower.
Just think this evening you
would have been home as
usual if it wasn't for those
pesky roads but love usually
finds a way. Yes! if you
were only here we'd be holding
hands and swapping hearts.
First now- Doesn't that make

you lonesome but dear
heart think, Saturday will
soon be here. Hannah and
Anna has asked me over
there Sunday but I really
don't know how to get there.
Do you? I won't go with
Pete and Walter is impossible.
Let me know how you
are? I hope I hear from
you to-morrow. I always
wait anxiously for your
dear letter. So please
write soon if not
sooner.
Clara is out again
to night as usual. Wait
till we have out own

home- won't it be just
lovely- We will let
the rest of the world
go by-!
  I'll be loving you
always.
Not for just an
hour
not for just a
day. Not for just
a week or year but
Always
  Thousands of Kisses
and oceans of love
and a kiss on each
wave.

Dearest:- Wed eve 9:35 pm
                 How is your
liver? Mine is playing
tag with my heart.
Isn't this grand and
glorious weather? When
are you coming over
to see me? Come
soon as possible
or sooner if possible,
or I'll will find
someone else, there
are lots of them running
around loose over
here. Will close
now, heaps of love

              Rib lake
            Wed. eve
Hello Howard:-
   Gee aren't you
tickled to get such a
long letter? That's the
kind you like isn't it?
That's why I wrote such a
long one, because I like
to see you satisfied
once in a while. Well so
long & love from me.

I'll have to close now
thought I could just
keeping on writing
all night to you.
      Heaps of love
        and some
more smacks
     your lovely and
forever.     Mary

I hope I put the letter in the right order. The reason I'm saying this is the way is was written. There were two pages folder in half. The first page was on the first page, the second and third pages were written on the inside of the second paper. The fourth was on the inside of the first page. The fifth was on the front of the second page and the last was on the back of the second.
I wonder why she did that. As you can see some of these letters are almost like puzzles. I wonder if there is a possibility that she could have been drinking something. We will never know.
How did you like what she wrote? It's different then her usual style. I wonder if this could be a hint as to how Grandpa wrote letters.
Just more history that has faded away from all memory.

Here are a few random pictures for you to look at.

I don't know when this was taken. Grandpa is on the right side.

Someones class mate.Correction. This is a cousin Reen Lee.

No idea when this one was taken. I think there is a possibility that Mary could be the one on the right side.

Well that's all I have for you today.
I hope you will come back again soon for some more Faded History.
Till then.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment