Friday, February 26, 2016

Mary Kauer: May 23, 1927 Rib Lake, Wis.

Hello Friends,
It's finally the weekend. I don't know about you but I'm looking forward to two days off. Not sure what we will be doing this weekend but I'm hoping for a nice quiet kind of warmish one.
Anyway, here is the next letter from Mary:


As always, for those that find if hard to read, here is what it says:

                     May, 23, 1927
Hello Howard:-
  "Howard is mad and I am
glad and I know how to
tease him. A bottle of wine to
make him shine and Luella
Anderson to squeeze him."
  Are you sore yet Howard?
I am, but that's nothing new,
is it?
  How do you like the weather,
isn't that just fine? It makes
the roads so nice. Rosies John
and his brother were over from
Merrill yesterday and I bet they
almost broke their necks going
home.
  There was a party at Schachts

last nite and we had a real
good time except that it was
kind of warm.
  I got a letter from Anton
last week. Gee, he certainly likes
it there. Henry Becker is working
again. Nick Lamberty was over
from Milwaukee to see them
once.
  Clara is sick today and
I'm trying to keep the baby
from bothering her but that's
a hard job.
 Say don't you think I ought
to be fired pretty soon? Yester-
day morning Sunday I went home and
left all the dishes and this
morning I came back at 8.30
Well, so long it's time to get
supper                   Mary.

I wonder if she was trying to tick Grandpa off or if that is the way she always talked to him.  Someday I hope I will be able to find her family and find out a little more about her if anyone stills knows anything about her.
I wonder if she was really trying to get fired or if it's just something she said.
Just more history that will never be known by any living sole again.

Here are a few random pictures for you to look at.

This is a picture of the home place which we called when we were young and to this day as Uncle Thomas's.


This is someone that one of uncles knew when they were in the service over sea's.


I have no idea who these little girls are. The picture is dark and I tried to lighten it up. I can see it better on the computer then the actual picture.

Well that's about all I have to share with you today. I hope you have a good weekend.
And come back again soon for more Faded History.
Till next time.
Your friend,
Sandy 

No comments:

Post a Comment