Friday, May 6, 2016

Thank you note: Nov. 25, 1927 Ogema, Wis

Dear Friends,
The weekend is here! It's starting out really good. I just hope it stays this way for awhile. It should, spring is here, finally! The leaves on the trees are finally starting to pop out more and more.
I do have a busy weekend planned. I'll tell you more about next week.
Anyway here is the next letter. It is just a thank you note.

As always here is what I think it say:

  We wish to thank
you, for the kindness
and sympathy shown
during out late
bereavement.
Chase Harless family
Mr. & Mrs. Edward Talbot
   and family.

I'm not sure I spelled the one last name right.
I wonder who pasted away. Was it Ed who past away earlier in the year? I don't think so. If it was, boy was that a late thank you.

Here are two more cards of the Earthquake of 1906:

 18. Refugees' camp former dwelling in the ruins in background. This is earthquake work.
19. Looking south, corner Sutter and Stockton.

If you notice in the first picture above the doorway of the make shift shelter is a horse shoe, upside down.  Now in my book that tells me that there is no luck to be held. Maybe back then it meant differently.
In the second picture, I wonder what that tall frame of a building is? Is it something that was under construction or a new building that was just gutted by the fire?
Just something to think about.

To stick with the theme of morning here are a few things that go with that subject.


I do not know who this pertains to. I do like the image on the front.


Not sure when this was taken. In the second picture I think the couple on the left might be Grandpa parents. So that would make them my great grandparents.

Well that's all I have to share with you to day. I hope you are able to enjoy this weekend and also I would like to wish all mothers (including my own) HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!!!
I hope you will stop by again soon for more Fading History.
Till then.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment