Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Mary Kauer: Nov. 19, 1927 Wausau, Wis.

Hello Friends,
How was your weekend? Mine was not to bad but, for some reason I had a hard time sleeping at night. I want to blame having some caffeine a little to late on Saturday night. Sunday I guess might be blamed on having one alcoholic drink after supper. For me it's not a good thing. I just hope this week will be better.
I must keep my mind clearer at bed time so I can relax.
Enough of my whining, here is the next letter from Mary:


 As always, for those that have a hard time reading this, here is what it says:

                     Wausau Wis.
                      Friday 4.30 P.M.
Hello Howard:-
  I got your letter yesterday and
was kind of surprised to get it.
I'm sorry I didn't answer sooner
but gee, I write home so darned
often that it seems that's all
I do. I didn't even write to Anton
yet.
Rose said that the next time
you come to Merrill you should
come a little father and see us
too.
We are getting a long O.K. Rose's
doing house work. She's about two
blocks from here, but I'm still at the
hotel. I like it real well. The only thing
I don't like about it's that I have

to work on Sundays too. But gee, the
time just flies.
Say, Howard, won't you tell me who
told you all that stuff that you
told me that Sunday that you
were over? Gee, I've almost got gray
hair worrying about it. And if I
have to have my hair dyed yet
too I'll never save any money.
I had to buy me a new hat be-
cause I was out in the rain with
mine and it shrunk so I couldn't
wear it any more.
Well, I guess I'll have to quit as
I have to be to work at six o'clock
tonite and I have to take a letter
over to Rose yet, that has been
sent to this place.
  Good bye and good luck
                       as ever
                          M.K.

Not a whole lot here. I wonder if Grandpa visited her when he had gone to Merrill.
I wonder what kind of stuff he told her that made her almost turn gray. It must have been some really juicy things.
I wonder what kind of hat she had that it shrunk in the rain and what kind she got to replace it.

Here are two more viewer cards from the Earthquake of 1906.

 16. Looking west from the Jewish Synagogue.
 17. Bank safes being guarded.

I wonder how long they had to stand guard over those safes? I'm sure not to long. Did people try to find ways to get their money from the safes?


Here is a random picture for you to look at:

I'm not sure who this is or even when it was taken.

I have one more picture I would like to show you. It is a new picture but it's something rare to see.

I know what's so rare about three calves? They are triplets. This is something that does not happen very often. They belong to my brother-in-law. Two are heifers and one bull. All healthy. My husband took this picture and he said it was almost impossible to get them to stand still long enough for a good picture.

Well that's about all I have to share with you today.
I hope you will come back soon for more Fading History.
Till then,
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment