Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Anna: Majorville, Jan. 25, 1929 Majorville, Alberta, Canada

Dear Friends,
I hope you had a good Easter weekend. Mine was good. Went to my parents house on Saturday to have dinner with the family. Sunday the husband and I went for a hike. 9.62 miles in about 4 hour and 10 minutes. we went longer then I thought we would but it really was not a bad hike. looking forward to the next one.
Anyway, here is the next letter from Anna:




As always, for those that find it hard to read, here is what it says:

           Majorville, Alberta
             Jan 25, 1929
Dear Howard:- I was so glad
to receive your letter Howard and
it was such a nice one. What you
said I think is so true. i think when
we get older we see life in a different
way and learn more by experience. I
am so glad you feel satisfied with
life like that Howard it is so much
better than chaffing in the boonies
like I am always doing. Keep well
if you possible can Howard because
health is such a blessing. All I have to
look back on his my layed up years
but I guess I had to high ambitions.
Now i don't dare to look forward
I lost my nerve two and a half years
ago and care for life. It seemes like
just when I had it nice and was satisfied
something would come and upset
well it would always be sickness. You
can't imagine how lonesome I've been
ever since last fall. I could have a
good time one evening or day what ever
it happened to be and then everything
would go flat again.

It's only nine o'clock and everyone
else is in bed and I guess I've got the
blues but I've seen a might of trouble
since I came away from home and I
guess it will take a long long time
to get over it.
I like the way you spoke of Mary
and Anna-also that you one nahbout
because I think things things are suppose
to be a certain way and we can't
change them. I am sure Howard the
right one will come along someday
and then you can be glad that you waited.
I think we are attracted to some folks
and if it should be if we only trust
in God it will come out alright if
he sees best it should be one way and
is another thing we only trust in him and
his way it is bound to come out all
right. I know from experience Howard
and maybe some hard experience also
but I have seen his way was right thing
yes I am sure God wants us to have
a good time and I know when unhappy
when we are. Lot of unhappiness we bring
unto ourselves and some other bring on
us, could you tell by this letter that
I haven't been to church since Oct. No that's
another thing I don't always think going

to church gives you a lot of nilygroans ideas
thought it helps wonderfully well.
Howard you have been a pal to me
for years and to think I had to get mad
at you and say those mean things. I
have kept my temper to myself for such
a long time now I am afraid it will
fly forth with a bang some day-Ha!
We went to a house party Friday
night and they wouldn't leave me
alone till they got me on the floor. I
claimed I couldn't & I didn't think
I could. One of the boys said I dances
a lot better than a lot that have
dances for ten years.Others said- and
you try to tell me you never danced
before? See told of Ned a- Ge! I thought
we was going to teach slim to dance
but there was nothing to it. That was
more fun than the dancing-Ha!
Won't dare to try it again afraid
It'l spoil my nap. Ha! I stayed with
a girl friend of mine till Sun. and
we certainly had a whale of a good
time. I laughed till I was sick & they
wanted me to stay the whole week
but felt I couldn't. Lilly Godken
wants me to visit her when her sister
comes and that is soon. So I can't
be gone all the time. I've intended

to meet Pearson & Bentsachy ever
since new years and haven't gotten
together yet. I was almost layeranced
on account of boil under my right
arm for about three weeks as I'd
have to work like the dickens to catch
up for lost time. I want to go home
before harvest this year but I'm not
sure. I hardly think it will be before
I'm not saying what I'll do Howard
but you can expect most anything
from me. Do you remember what you
advised me to do? Maybe I've done it
already. I usually dive into some-
thing or other don't I. Sanapre is my
second name. So had Nel or Han wasn't
there Friday night so they could have
woke up mother & Dad when they got
home what I'd committed an unpardoned
now I'm getting sarcastic aren't I.
Your lucky to have a good home &
you don't have to tie your wings any
other place and Tom won't tell you to get out
if you disagree with some little things
It's nice to be wanted. I could stay
here or to Freda because they want me but
it isn't the same as a home of your own
and as long as mother & dad live I'll be
provided for also but- I've got to quit before
I say to much.  to you & Tom
  Heaps of love as ever your
                 Cousin Ann-

(written along the side of the first page)
Let Tom or Helen read this but please no one else will you?


I'm sorry for the words I got wrong. Not sure if they were misspelled to begin with or if they were Swedish words.
It sounds like she was a kind of sounding board for Grandpa when it came to looking for love.
It does kind of sound like he was still caring a torch for Mary and or another one.
I wonder how often she went dancing?
I also wonder how long she stayed in Canada?
Oh well.

Here is a scrap book picture:

Seven hours late but they made it- Engineer Bert McCormick
(front) and Fireman Bill Hayes inspect the snow covered
engine of the Southwest Limited after their arrival at the Milwau-
kee road depot here late Tuesday.- Journal Staff Photo.

I wonder how many drifts they had to fight their way through that day?

Here is a page from the joke book:

Enjoy.

And here is a random picture:

No idea who they are or when it was taken.

Well, that's about all I have to share with you today.
I hope you will come back again real soon for more Fading History.
Till then.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment