Friday, April 7, 2017

Harriet: Jan. 18, 1929 Chicago, Ill.

Dearest Friends,
Well it's the end of yet another week. Now my weekend is going to be busy. Tomorrow we will be putting on a baby shower for my youngest daughter. Her baby is due about June 6th. My first grand baby. It's going to be the beginning of a very exciting time for all. The weather on Saturday is suppose to be very nice. Almost 70, Yeah!
Anyway, here is the next letter from Harriet:



As always, for those that find it hard to read, here is what it says:

                 Chicago, Ill
              Thursday Eve
Dearest Sweetheart,
Hope you will excuse
me for not answering
you letter sooner honney
but it just seemed like
I couldn't get any of
my letters answered.
Well I have been going
to bed at 8:30 almost
every night. So guess
thats why ha! ha!
Ain't I getting to be good tho.
Bet I beat you on that
eh! Or how about it.

            =2=
What I heard it is cold enough
up there isn't it.
Well really think it is down here
to. It was so below day before
yesterday. And (oh! was it cold
going to work that morning I wish I
was married so I could sit by
the fire place all day. I don't
want much do I (ha! ha!)
So Freda is back home
Have you seen her lately.
Do you see Lila or has
she gone back to Chicago. She is
still single real it-
Well whats new up around
there anyway. Lot of snow for
one thing I suppose.
Are the cars a going or is
it to much snow.
Got a picture of Clarence & Isabel
from home. They sure do look
comical on it.
I also had a letter from her

her yesterday.
Well dear I am going to make
this letter short this time as there
isn't any news and besides have
to write some more letters yet.
So will close with (heaps of love & Kisses)
                          Your Sweetie
                              Harriet
Answer
Soon
                       (SWAK)xxx

Not a whole lot here, just a lot of mention of the weather.
I wonder how many people she was writing to at that time.

Here is a picture from the scrap book:


One of the busiest men in
town now is Trainmaster
C.L. Strom, shown at work at
the North Western depot.-
Journal Staff Photo

I suppose with all the snow they had back then that it was a big job getting the train to run.

Here is the next page from the joke book:

For anyone who was working on the puzzle, here is the page with the answers.

And here is a random picture:


I don't know if I ever met either one of these women.

Well that's about all I have to share with you today.
I hope you all have a good week.
Don't forget to drop by again real soon for more Fading History. You never know what you will see.
Till then.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment